Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
W
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
W
All of the guys in the church seem to be completely immune to piercing damage. I had all of them perfectly lined up for an arrow spray shot. Use it, nothing but 0 damage. I tried shooting them normally, no damage. I changed my weapon to the only other thing I had the skill to use, a spear. No damage.

Considering that all dex builds can use are spears, daggers, and bows/crossbows and all of those seem to do piercing damage, I don't think it's a good thing those guys are completely immune to piercing damage. Same for the granite statues outside. My job in those two fights was to stay out of the way and survive as my friend soloed them.

I understand reduced effectiveness, but completely useless? I might as well not have been there.

Support
Support

I think that is a bug, since it is inconsistent: see the last couple posts in the Steam discussion first cone bow skill is ridiculous.

old hand
old hand
The stone statues outside the church are 100% resistant to piercing because they're made of stone. Somehow the cultists inherited their settings. So this was a bug, fixed now.

Tweeting @forktong
journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by ForkTong
The stone statues outside the church are 100% resistant to piercing because they're made of stone. Somehow the cultists inherited their settings. So this was a bug, fixed now.

not on topic but related:

doing the stone statues outside the church get's you ...

- fighting nearly 10k XP and some loot, but

- doing the right conversation option zero XP and no loot

kind of inbalanced due to missing a good junk of XP while not fighting

Oh YEAH!
Have fun
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Rainer

And killing the Lighthouse Horror without it reviving any wolves also means you miss out on that experience... but it does save you resources and trouble that would result from fighting and killing the wolves and having them revive.

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Stabbey
Originally Posted by Rainer

And killing the Lighthouse Horror without it reviving any wolves also means you miss out on that experience... but it does save you resources and trouble that would result from fighting and killing the wolves and having them revive.

yes there are other places where you could mine XP out of revived enemys (burning forrest) but there you are already in combat (the fighting solution)

but there are also places where you can outwit the other in conversation and get nothing (e.g. the stone statues)

Oh YEAH!
Have fun
veteran
veteran
We already know the survival thing is an exploit.
Though now that you mention it, the wolves form an unique exception since it spawns an entire different enemytype, instead of the same enemy, so a revive-fix probably wont change that.

Link Copied to Clipboard