Next Thread
Print Thread
F
Fedayin Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
F
Everytime when it saves for the third time, it gets stuck but the particle effects are running, chat is just continue but I cant interact with it or anything else, its stuck in a endless save.

And after waiting it out and trying to f12 it, steam screenshot, I got this error, this error only happend once all the other times I just gave up after 10 minutes and just alt-f4'ed the game.
[Linked Image]

Running 32bits system, Havent been able to test out if previous getting me stuck bugs are arround.

Last edited by Fedayin; 27/04/14 03:52 PM.
Support
Support

Did you try saving before triggering the auto-save, exiting the game, restarting, reloading and trying again? That could help if the issue is related to low memory on 32 bit systems.

Did you try deleting the first 2 auto-saves, and anything that the game may have started writing for the third? (in the game, or to be sure in Windows Explorer after browsing to the '..\Documents\Larian Studios\Divinity original Sin\PlayerProfiles\<Name>\Savegames' folder)

Did you try verifying local files for the game?

If you zip your save and email it to me (raze@larian.com) I can try it here (if you don't have access to another computer). That should get you past this particular auto-save, but wouldn't be a very convenient solution if subsequent auto-saves also hang.

M
addict
addict
M
Raze - I also posted about this in another bug thread, but I keep getting crashes to desktop when taking items from tables etc. (bottles/cups/bread/etc.) in several areas, including from the tables in the Cyseal tavern, the "picnic area" near the two outdoor performers, and Esmerelda's house. The Windows 7 Event Viewer Application log shows the below identical errors for each of these crashes (with the exception of the "faulting process id", which is different for each crash):

Faulting application name: EoCApp.exe, version: 1.0.30.0
Faulting module name: EoCApp.exe, version: 1.0.30.0
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x003926b8
Faulting process id: 0xc64 (this number varies - also 0x4e24, 0x615c, etc.)
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Divinity - Original Sin\Shipping\EoCApp.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Divinity - Original Sin\Shipping\EoCApp.exe

I have a save file where I'm sitting at a table in Esmerelda's back room; three golden cups are on the table, and every time I try to take one of them, I get one of the above crashes. Could I please email my save to you so you can see if you have the same problem? Thanks a lot!

Support
Support

Actually, I was able to reproduce the crash sitting down in Esmeralda's back room and at a picknic table by the entertainers, so your save isn't necessary. I had no problem standing up and taking things off tables in either location, and could sit or stand in the King crab tavern and take things (though provoking a reaction there to the stealing).

M
addict
addict
M
Thanks, Raze - so I guess you guys are aware of the issue now. For me, the problem usually does happen when I'm sitting on a bench/chair and trying to take something from a table, but at least once, I also got a crash when I tried to take an empty bottle while standing up (which I think happened in the "picnic" area). Anyway, thanks for looking into it!

F
Fedayin Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
F
Raze, I think this is a continuation of a bug which I had problems with before the patch, What happens every time is the following.

Start up game, start from latest save, next save works fine, second save sometimes, third save, infite loop, (I watched a some videos for an hour with steam browser hoping it to save).

Also after the second save, when you access options and open one of the submenus(Video|game|controls|ect), everything is white, the background, the foreground, only the text is somewhat readable.

After validating the cache integrity, it didn't change anything same error keeps occurring, depending on the length of gameplay I am able to save it once or twice before the bug happens.

I have already send a report.zip two weeks ago, should email the person of larian who responded to me about a problem I had then, I think its related to it.

More testing:

I have started some new games even after verifying the cache everytime before starting, the same result keeps happening, its like going 2 times forward 1 time back to even get some level of progression.

Last edited by Fedayin; 26/04/14 12:40 PM.
F
stranger
stranger
F
I have exactly the same problem as Fedayin, except for me it started after the patch. It was OK before.

Support
Support

Fedayin;
Yes, another email couldn't hurt. Maybe include a link to this topic, as well.

If you just save 3 times after starting a new game, do you have the same problem, or is it just with the auto-saves now?

Fluffy;
Are you also running a 32 bit version of Windows?

Please email supportdos@larian.com, with a description of the problem (and/or a link to this topic) and the report.zip file generated by the D:OS support tool.

F
Fedayin Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
F
Doesn't matter if its autosave or quicksave, havent tried with menu save yet.
and I have started 3 new games, all three at the entrance of cyceel its stuck. I now keep saving between the autosave locations so I can load that instead of the autosave to continue with the game.

When I was able to get past the entrance of cycel, and loaded from there I went straith to arhu(barracks) where it also got stuck with the savescreen.
I have also tried running from the wooden bridge where there is an autosave, but that also failed me when I came to arhu.

So you i am trying to find out the boundries.

Edit:
Did some ammount of testing and this is the following, the ammount of saves doesnt matter, if you try to save from the position you load, it accept quite alot, havent got a stuck saving from that, but after some world interaction the save gets stuck, the ammount of iteraction:

If you start a new game, do the tutorial and the ishmael choice and than resolve the ork attack at the gates of cyseal. the autosave point at the entrance of cyseal loops.

I saved just before the ork encounter loaded from there, now the autosave succeeded I saved the boat talked to the job seeking lads at the continuation of the saved boat than went to the inner city where the autosave point looped.

I loaded the cyseal entrance autosave point, did the same like above but without the orks, this time I was able to save at that bridge. I went to the inner city, got a talk with the amateur thief than went straight to arthereus talked with him and than went upstairs where the game got savepoint looped.

I loaded this time from the wooden bridge Did the same as above, but this time I got trough, There I tried several quicksaves to get it stuck looping, but it accepted those, I went downstairs quicksave accepted, went towards the barrack went into the cooks room, chose to kill that chicken, went immediately out and tried to quicksave........ You guessed it, it got stuck.

Loaded the lastest quicksave which was before I entered the cooks home, killed the chicken went above failed to distract(forgot to sneak) and a battle was engaged, I loaded the same quicksave, this time I only killed the chicken then middle in the camp I did a quicksave, went to the graveyard, Dug op two holes which one was a sheep(quest) and one was a hole to the lower system. Tried to save........ Yeah..... stuck

ps: I send a mail with thread link to the larian dev.

Last edited by Fedayin; 29/04/14 01:43 PM.
F
Fedayin Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
F
Just a reminder that this issue still isint resolved, This time the saving loop occured after exiting the tutorial dungeon. So basicly the very first autosave

K
stranger
stranger
K
Still having this problem too. Was really hoping this big patch would resolve this game breaking issue. I'm trying to be pretty vocal so the devs can hear it but all I hear is "Did you try deleting and remaking your folders?" Yes, I've testing and remaking, and redownloading the game. Nothing works, and I cant play the game at all because of it. Its a pretty huge bug and I want to know it will at least be attempted to be fixed before launch. Just a dev to come in and say "we're looking into this" or something along those lines.

F
stranger
stranger
F
I have the same problem on my laptop with a 32bit windows 7, no problems on my main PC under Win7-64.

I can play for a bit, but if I explore too much my game eventually won't be able to save. It's really annoying, I actually stopped playing completely on my laptop.

This is the kind of thing that would make me want a refund if the game wasn't in beta, I hope it will be fixed before release. Not being able to save in an RPG is quite a problem.

I
stranger
stranger
I
I'm having the same problem as well on my desktop 32bit window 7, the saving circle keep on moving while the game and background music still running with no error pop-out.

stranger
stranger
After the recent update I am able to play the game for about an hour and 30 minutes with 6 saves, but it still hangs on saving. I wonder if this has anything to do with the memory leak that was fixed since Win 7 32-bit OSes are capped at 3.25 GB RAM? I will do more testing to see if it caps out at 6 saves now, or if it is directly related to how long the game has been running. I still receive no error what so ever and windows still says that the program is running just fine.

PC Specs: Windows 7 32-bit, AMD Phenom II X4 840 3.2 GHz processor, 4 GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 5700 videocard.
stranger
stranger
Same problem here, before the gate of Cysel the autosave going to loop forever.
I have Win 7 32 bit, 4GB RAM, (AMD CPU and AMD Radeon VGA).

---------------------------------------------------- BladeRN

Link Copied to Clipboard