Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#491692 25/04/14 08:14 PM
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Not sure what I am doing wrong but I am very squeeshy. I am still wandering around the first town because I am still level 4. I've played like 4 hours wandering around, doing quests etc, but I can't find many quests. All I have in town is story line about the murder and three quests about undead, orcs and third.

I can't go explore because everything farther away from town kills us. I have 3 ppl party right now.

What am I doing wrong? How do I grow up in levels? I can't grind anything, I can't go to explore far, I can't do Orc quest since they are bunch of them and too powerful for me. I guess I read there was another update to beta where you can select the difficulty level. I think I need to down it a notch cause it feels like I was playing on super hard heh.

Last time I played few days ago, hope the changes I read about we're very recent, I am looking forward to that difficulty level switch.

addict
addict
Game menu > options > Game > difficulty setting is here.
Hope it helps.

Un chemin de 1000 lieues commence par un premier pas.

Project:
Steam workshop Frontiere
apprentice
apprentice
If you're still having trouble. Find a 4th member to your party.

apprentice
apprentice
If you're level four, you shouldn't have too much trouble tackling the undead outside of town. Especially in the vicinity of the archeologist quest, those are the weakest.
What kind of party are you using ? Some character archetypes have been noticed to be less "optimized" than others...

If you use archers and air or water spells to control the mobs of undead, or fire to do a lot of area damage, it shouldn't be too hard. Summons (wolves) are also good to soak some damages and get flanking bonuses going. A healer is always a must.

Something like wayfarer/warrior/wizard or cleric/ranger/caster should do well. Party of 2 with lone wolf traits are also quite overpowered. Ranger+Cleric and you're set. The comeback kid talent might also help against unlucky rolls...

This guy, for instance, takes on the orcs at the beach at level 2 with a warrior + witch(not necessarily the most optimized combo), so it's not that hard (though the ennemy caster's AI seems a little more awake with the latest update...) wink :

www.youtube.com/watch?v=IAUU5GLwemg&list=UUdbL-i29FDPYok8X8yIynNQ

Last edited by Clemens; 25/04/14 11:27 PM.
C
journeyman
journeyman
C
Try making a fire wizard and an ice wizard and those two alone can pretty much steamroll over everything by themselves. Melee - at least last build - needed a whole lotta love - much like Zep. Whereas casters take names and kick asses.

Midget Soothsayer robs Bank! Small Medium at Large!
S
S
I don't trust mages in the party. They seemingly always get targeted first regardless of range. In a battlemage > cleric > wizard group the wizard even though the battlemage would up front followed by the cleric and the wizard in back. Keeping the wizard alive to actually be effective was a chore. My battlemage often just got ran past. Archers were especially bothersome.

Link Copied to Clipboard