Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Grodit Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
I want to start by saying that I'm only in my first playthrough, currently a lvl 4, so I probably have to stumble into a lot, but it seems to me some essentials are currently missing.

1)I decided that I wanted at least 1 of my characters to be able to pick locks, but apart from the very few lockpicks you can pick up in the game, there isn't a merchant that sells them, not even the shady lady in the inn. Where do you get them?

2)Same goes for potion making. though they are more present in town, but after I've used up all the empty flasks that I nicked: no more potions. sad

So, am I blind or are these items currently not yet fully implemented?

3) I find that the restriction to 2 companions in the starting town is a bit limiting, as you basically have to build characters that synergize with those 2 guys to be succesfull, which is one of the main reasons I'll restart today. Will more be available in Cyseal for release?

4) regarding xp: it isn't really clear to me if I indirectly kill enemies if I also get xp. I found out pretty early that using the exploskeletons to well, explode, could clear almost an entire group. Do I still get xp for those kills?

more questions will probably pop up soon.

journeyman
journeyman
1) You can craft them using
Soap + any key. (The soap gets consumed)
But yes a merchant would be nice. One of the fabulous five would make sense.

2) Certain areas have quite a few empty flasks but yes a merchant/crafting recipes for flasks would be nice.

3) The full game will have more companions these are just the ones available in the starting area.

4) last I checked yes you get experience in this case. Likewise you get experience if an NPC kills an enemy

Grodit Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Originally Posted by NinjaSteave
1) You can craft them using
Soap + any key. (The soap gets consumed)
But yes a merchant would be nice. One of the fabulous five would make sense.

2) Certain areas have quite a few empty flasks but yes a merchant/crafting recipes for flasks would be nice.

3) The full game will have more companions these are just the ones available in the starting area.

4) last I checked yes you get experience in this case. Likewise you get experience if an NPC kills an enemy

thx! Quite the strange combination to make the picks though

journeyman
journeyman
Soap has been used to clone keys before which I assume is where they are getting their inspiration.

(This only works for flat keys or simple ones used in pre-renaissance times.)

Grodit Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
yeah, but a lockpick is not a clone of a key. Quite the opposite really. They are very thin long metal pins. It would be more logical to combine 2 needles to make picks(unless that results in something else, going to check that hehe )

veteran
veteran
Or a needle and a hammer = lockpick.

addict
addict
I stated months ago that we needed an open world crafting system, with respawnable ressources. And make the gathering random and skill dependant. The better the skill, the more you gather. You could always sell ressources to vendor if there was to much, a good way to make money for honest people, as opposed to stealing and murdering.
I am so upset.

And yes, it is supposed there are companions AND henchmen, it was onnonced in KS campaign. I still haven't seen any henchmen yet.

Un chemin de 1000 lieues commence par un premier pas.

Project:
Steam workshop Frontiere

Link Copied to Clipboard