Next Thread
Print Thread
R
R0hland Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
R
The current mechanism for linking/unlinking characters is... not great. I often have to re-arrange the order (i.e, drag character #2 above character #1) to re-link the characters. By providing a hotkey, players could easily link/unlink characters.

Great game!

mfr Offline
journeyman
journeyman
This is a nice idea, but it might be necessary to be able to define the formation and order when characters are being linked. I have a specific formation which I use for general exploration, so I would normally want the characters to form a specific arrangement when I link them. Perhaps a combination of "hover the mouse pointer over a character picture" then use the up/down arrow keys to change order might work together with a Baldur's Gate style formation selection display? This may start to clutter up the screen though.

I agree, the game is looking very impressive now and is a lot of fun to play.

Someone must have spiked her senna pod drink!
D
stranger
stranger
D
Please don't spam the forum with UI-wishs. Thats what the Beta UI Wishlist Thread is for.

Dedicated Telekinesis Tester
D
stranger
stranger
D
@darkeisbein you're the one spamming. hush.

D
stranger
stranger
D
Originally Posted by R0hland
The current mechanism for linking/unlinking characters is... not great. I often have to re-arrange the order (i.e, drag character #2 above character #1) to re-link the characters. By providing a hotkey, players could easily link/unlink characters.

Great game!

ctrl+shift+# to set
ctrl+# to recall

would seem to be the most obvious

R
R0hland Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
R
@mfr - Oooh, good suggestion. Perhaps a character formations could be linked to hotkeys as well? (@Larian - I think everyone just wants the freedom to create/use/customize hotkeys. ;p)

@darkened - Yea, that combo feels right. A hotkey or key combination just makes sense, especially given the fact that the current linking/unlinking feels clunky (and, I can't pause the game *cough cough*). Also, +1, I needed that laugh!

Link Copied to Clipboard