Next Thread
Print Thread
#496487 24/05/14 09:53 PM
Y
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Y
1. General Npc dialouge... highlight topics when npc is going to say something new and dim ones that are repeats... this is better than just removing them i think.

2. Allow switching of inventories via clicking portrait when inventory is open.

3. More fights at beginning of game and in tutorial dungeon.. its lacking combat badly.

4. Allow tabbing of combat log so i can separate windows with one pure combat.. one event driven and another with dialouge if i choose.

5. (Bug) Sometimes when i cast oil slick then a fire spell the mobs don't catch fire until they move... so if its an archer and they stand still and attack they don't catch fire.... only happens sometimes i don't know why.

6. Add a crate at the beginning (maybe in tutorial dungeon with basic low level weapons for any profession.. that way we can equip or heroes how we want at the beginning.

7. Add level recommendations to quest log for quests... this isn't hand holding its just a recommendation so we don't have to reload save reload and wonder if this quest is too high or what not.

8. Give us a pause button lol... the ones that don't want it don't have to use it.

9. When combining items don't switch the location of the items if they won't combine let them snap back to where they were originally.

10. When i choose a way to sort my inventory allow that method to stick until i change it. Right now it just reverts back to no sorting method.

11. When in pure single player and party is linked and together allow me to add items from everyone's inventory in trade window at one time and use whoever's barter skill is highest for pricing. (Of course not when party is separated as other char's are not present to haggle)

12. Same with repair allow me to repair my items based on highest repair skill of party only when party is grouped and linked.

13. Don't say i'm lazy this is just cutting down on redundancy .. if the party is together and linked its perfectly acceptable.

14. A high rez map would be nice but not vital.

15. Nice job larian.. best isometric rpg in many many years. I have no problem supporting you and your studio. Going to buy digital collectors edition just for this reason alone.

ynotndalton #496496 24/05/14 11:29 PM
veteran
veteran
1. I agree. The old stuff stays there in case you missed it the first time, to let the player re-read it, but it would be nice to highlight stuff you've already read.

2. Yeah, it seems a little cumbersome now. Last patch you could switch the selected char by switching their inventories. I'm not sure this will ever be solved to everyone's satisfaction, though.

3. This is a matter of preference. I did express my wish for a possible boss fight to end the tutorial tomb with a climax instead of a whimper.

5. I think this is due to the way status effects are applied - the double hit/double save thing. I've heard that'll be fixed next patch.

7. I disagree. You can see enemies before engaging them, and you can see their level before engaging them, which tells you pretty much all you need to know about "should I be going here now?" Recommended level is also no more than guesswork, as different fights are harder or easier with different party makeups and skills.

9. I disagree, because sometimes you actually are doing that specifically to swap items. If you're trying to craft brand new combinations, what we need is a separate window for crafting.

10. I agree, I'm glad for the sort, but the sort preference needs to be "sticky".

ynotndalton #496510 25/05/14 01:25 AM
Y
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Y
Want them to highlight things you havn't read not things you have but ya you get the idea.. and with 7 ya i feel ya that'll work also so scratch that idea.. and with 9 maybe it could bring up the context menu saying switch items or combine .. so system knows that you want to do... And how do you feel about 11 and 12 you didn't mention those.. i value your opinion.. you also didn't menttion 4

i agree on seperate crafting window that can display way more items at a time.. i find myself having to swap an item lower and lower down or up into inventory to get it to the item i wanna combine it with then combine them.. A seperate window would solve the problem i was talking about perfectly.. as in this window the items wouldn't ever swap they would always try to combine only.

Last edited by ynotndalton; 25/05/14 01:36 AM.
ynotndalton #496517 25/05/14 02:25 AM
A
stranger
stranger
A
Agree with you on changes 1-6 and 10. Those would be nice additions to the game.

Originally Posted by ynotndalton
and with 9 maybe it could bring up the context menu saying switch items or combine .. so system knows that you want to do...

That would make swapping items to organize your inventory much more tedious. Since that's an action that's performed much more than trying out crafting combinations, the current system is better.

And how do you feel about 11 and 12 you didn't mention those.. i value your opinion.. you also didn't menttion 4

I know it wasn't my opinion you asked for, but will respond anyways.

This is somewhat a manner of preference, but these minor "inconveniences" such as dragging items to the correct character's inventory actually add a lot to the game. I'll try to demonstrate the point by counterexample:

Let's remove all the little micromanagement from the game.

- You don't need to pick up items after a fight, all valuable ones automatically appear in your inventory.
- All items are automatically identified if one of your characters has enough skill to do so.
- All items that need repair are repaired automatically if you have a high enough skill.
- Characters sprint all the time, even if you tell them to move 2 feet.
- Your characters automatically harvest resources in the nearby environment.
- and so on, and so forth.

The game suffers greatly as a result. There's a certain sense of ownership and anticipation that comes from seeing an item on the ground, walking over to pick it up, and identifying it (rather than just having it appear in your inventory), which is exactly why so many games have you do this. Players feel much more engaged in the loot they receive as a result.

Your suggestion can also run into this problem. If it were implemented, you would lose a small part of the individuality between your characters. There's some immersion that occurs when you take all the items you want to sell, hand them over to the character with the best bartering and attitude score, then have him approach the shopkeeper. Having one of your characters hand over his weapon to the one with high repair, then having her give it back afterwards is also much more engaging in terms of realism and the dynamics between the members of the various party members. (This would be a great place to add in one of those occasional dialogues: "Fixed up your sword for you." "..." Larian pls.)

I personally feel like having to swap items between characters to perform these actions is great because it is much more engaging, but it is a matter of opinion. If you have to perform such tasks too frequently, they lose the aspects of immersion and simply become annoyances you have to deal with while wanting to focus on other elements on the game.

My vote is (again) keep it the way it is.

ynotndalton #496518 25/05/14 02:39 AM
Y
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Y
Well i wasn't talking about taking it that far lol... you still have to repair manually but i don't think it should matter whose inventory your in to repair as long as players are linked.. that would be one of the drawbacks of exploring solo and splitting your group. But to have players together then have to move item to this inventory repair and give back is needless and tedious. Same with the trade window.

As far as system with swapping i agree and thats why i think stabby has the right idea with a seperate crafting window where items only try to combine and not swap and leave inventory as is.

ynotndalton #496523 25/05/14 04:09 AM
Y
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Y
And i would hate for items to just appear in my inventory and i really don't care for area looting as thats better suited for the likes of diablo imo.

Link Copied to Clipboard