Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
E
enthusiast
enthusiast
E
It doesn't necessarily have to be pause, but a start turn-based combat button would work as well.
Wouldn't need to be more than one round, but simply some way to make healing your characters less twitchy in some situation (and twitch-reflexes really have less place in the game than a pause button, imho).

old hand
old hand
Joe, i have zero interest in responding or talking to someone who isnt capable to understand what i write but instead creates his own versions of it that are simply invented piles on nonsensical manure - and then forms his post and replies according to that.

The answer to all those is in that post you quoted, and the fact that you are not capable of understanding it is blatantly obvious.

Yes indeed, why dont we have first person view too and real time combat toooo and whatever anyone commes up with you dont have to use it if you waaaannnt...

just continue talking to yourself.

J
journeyman
journeyman
J
Originally Posted by Hiver
Joe, i have zero interest in responding or talking to someone who isnt capable to understand what i write but instead creates his own versions of it that are simply invented piles on nonsensical manure - and then forms his post and replies according to that.

The answer to all those is in that post you quoted, and the fact that you are not capable of understanding it is blatantly obvious.

Yes indeed, why dont we have first person view too and real time combat toooo and whatever anyone commes up with you dont have to use it if you waaaannnt...

just continue talking to yourself.

I asked specifically how the pause feature could be abused. You provide no examples in your post. Quite honestly, I don't see how it could be abused at all.

Instead of simply saying it should not be in the game, could you provide examples of how pausing the game would result in abuse of the game?

stranger
stranger
I guess an "unchain all" hotkey would work perfectly. Not necessarily "unchain all/chain all".
I mean, after any fight you could use a hotkey to unchain every char in order to prevent death. After that, you can move your chars to a safe spot and chain them mannually again.

Not sure if pause button would be a good idea, it could become annoying. For example, in the burial grounds there are at least 3 consecutive fights on a very dangerous field. And you would have to pause after every fight. It'd bother me.

E
enthusiast
enthusiast
E
Unchain all seems more tedious to me honestly, since rechaining them would take more time then unpausing.
At the same time unchaining them wouldn't achieve anything that you couldn't do during pause/tb mode.
Also pause would be a possibility not a necessity - if you think it's to tedious in between fights, don't use it.

Last edited by El Zoido; 25/05/14 11:15 PM.
M
stranger
stranger
M
Well it could be a multi-player game, so there might be issues implementing pause during a multi-player session. I rather like the unchained idea, just have a button under the portraits and a corresponding hotkey to chain/unchain all. And when combat starts, all characters are automatically unchained.

Last edited by MichaelXC; 25/05/14 11:18 PM.
addict
addict
but...there is no day/night...and combat does not just skip a turn if you are not fast enough. it is a turn based game o.o

you can literally walk away come back and everyone is where they where before. cept some towns folk who walk around..but you can just chase after them ^^

Unless they are changing it on release. but in the beta I left mine mid battle for about 45 mins and when I came back was still my turn.

EDIT!

However I am not saying this is a bad idea, just hope to shed some light on things. Maybe a modder can make a pause option.

Last edited by Ellary; 26/05/14 01:44 AM.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard