Originally Posted by corwin
(Sighs) If all you want is combat, go play a Shooter!! An RPG should offer alternatives to any and all combat IMHO. Working out different ways to accomplish things without resorting to combat is FAR more important to me. Yes, I realise that it IS a part of gameplay, but it shouldn't dominate. Two of my all time favourite games PS-T and U7 allowed you to avoid a great deal of the possible combat and PS-T actually rewarded you for doing so!!

One would think that if someone were interested in combat, they could play an RPG game with turn-based tactical combat, no? Which is the type of game Divinity : OS is. If you're looking for strictly a story experience, go play ZORK or Myst.

By the way, please take note of the date this thread was started before diving in - it was prior to a patch that introduced additional combat opportunities to Cyseal thanks to feedback like this. Despite all the doom-and-gloom posting to the contrary, it did not ruin the game, and was added in a way that made sense.