Next Thread
Print Thread
J
JoeBart Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
J
I really like what has been done with the new tutorial dungeon. Having a miniboss battle really wraps up that dungeon, and I believe will make a newer player feel like he or she has accomplished something. It adds a nice pacing element, as well as making that dungeon feel complete. Very well done.

I do feel however, that crafting is kind of left by the wayside (could be a bud though). I've only gone through it once, but I picked up all the crafting items at the "crafting table" and got no popup with regards to crafting.

veteran
veteran
I like the miniboss in the dungeon as well. However, I miss some of the conversations in the dungeons that used to take place between the two characters, which seem to be removed in this update. Namely, the one that took place regarding the cultists not making it that far after the fireball/lever trap (which is now gone) and the conversation that takes place about being no closer to solving the mystery, prior to leaving the dungeon (which seemed to be missing).

Is there any way to work those conversations back into the tutorial? I guess I just like seeing my party having frequent conversations, particularly that early in the game. It gives a nice role-playing impression that's missing now.

J
JoeBart Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
J
Originally Posted by Gyson
I like the miniboss in the dungeon as well. However, I miss some of the conversations in the dungeons that used to take place between the two characters, which seem to be removed in this update. Namely, the one that took place regarding the cultists not making it that far after the fireball/lever trap (which is now gone) and the conversation that takes place about being no closer to solving the mystery, prior to leaving the dungeon (which seemed to be missing).

Is there any way to work those conversations back into the tutorial? I guess I just like seeing my party having frequent conversations, particularly that early in the game. It gives a nice role-playing impression that's missing now.

One thing I did have an issue with in the new tutorial dungeon was that candles would not ignite the oil patch the two zombies were in. There was a fire scroll nearby so perhaps this is intentional.

I wonder how much of the party dialogue was removed due to multiplayer considerations. There could be a decent chance most folks will play their first go through on single player and then decide later to go multi.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by JoeBart
I really like what has been done with the new tutorial dungeon. Having a miniboss battle really wraps up that dungeon, and I believe will make a newer player feel like he or she has accomplished something. It adds a nice pacing element, as well as making that dungeon feel complete. Very well done.

I agree, that last boss battle is fantastic and a great capper. The set design in that area is also good. Thanks, Larian for putting that in. It really does a lot for that dungeon and makes it much more satisfying.

I do feel however, that crafting is kind of left by the wayside (could be a bud though). I've only gone through it once, but I picked up all the crafting items at the "crafting table" and got no popup with regards to crafting.

Yeah, I also noticed the pop-up was missing too. Probably a case of the pop-up trigger not being moved properly when the crafting table was.

I also noticed the candles not igniting the oil patch. They specifically added that last patch, so I'm thinking that's more bug than intentional change.

I wouldn't mind the conversations back. The first one I can see being gone becuase it was referring to the trap being inactive, meaning the cultists didn't come back this way else they'd have tripped the trigger and it would still have been going. With the trap gone, it's hard to tell if the cultists made it down or not.

The second conversation would work with minor tweaking on the stairs up.

journeyman
journeyman
I love the new tutorial dungeon but I wished that they could of changed the mini boss to a boss that has couple of forums instead 2 forms because the battle was awesome but was kinda short and anticlimactic on my end...

I would love to have that boss at least 4 forms, from the strongest to the weakest...or make it look like you defeated it but have him pop up again in other places in the game and scaled up to the character making it feel like a reason she/it was there at there....

Also, I think that when you managed to beat him you get another stone that the mages were after and have those people sending in assassins trying to take back that stone that they missed earlier, it would make the game more dramatic in my opinion...

Link Copied to Clipboard