Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#497654 31/05/14 11:37 AM
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
After spending a few hours, I've noticed some glitches still.

Rats/Chickens - these are still beyond annoying to click on and talk to. Just too small of a click radius.

Eglandar fight - 2 Civilian NPCs always come in and get involved. I can sometimes 'escape' combat without killing them.

Victoria/Jahan - Flip out when taking things in the Library even after permission is given. I got them at a -65 and didn't realize it when I saved. When I was done in town and wanted to get Jahan in my party, found out he wants a hell of a bribe to even talk to me.

Legoin guard outside crime scene attacked me when destroying chest. I'm pretty sure there was a key to open it, but couldn't find it. Wasn't it under the tub? Anyway, used teleport to drop the chest on the flames and destroy it, next thing I know 10 NPC's are attacking me.

Shield Unequipping issues still persist - not as frequent as before. I noticed the glitch when going threw the basement of the blacksmith's house. Only thing I can think of is if these traps are weakening my strength some how. I don't recall any of the monster encounters lowering my strength either. And I didn't switch armor or jewlery around to cause my strength to be lowered. This shield un-equip glitch just baffles me.

Last edited by LightningLockey; 31/05/14 11:41 AM.

Every time there I run into trouble on the road, there is always a dwarf at the bottom of it. Don't they know how to drive above ground?
Support
Support

You should be able to use cheese as a lure for rats (and maybe grain for chickens). They are rather hard to talk to, though.

old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Well grain is easy as there is a huge abundance and few chickens. Cheese though... you realize how rat infested the game is don't you? Unless I can milk that poor dairy cow outside Theyleron's and somehow cultivate it into cheese. I tried using a bucket on the cow and nothing happened.

I've yet to figure the whole cooking thing out if you can even turn stuff like a bucket of milk into cheese to begin with.

Enemies can sometimes attack threw smoke!
Smoke makes everything invisible (any way to get rid of smoke?) I'm unable to attack anything that is within it. However the enemies can easily attack me when I should be invisible.

I've noticed that at times when the skeletons wanted to shoot special arrows (like burning) that they glitch, stand there looking as dumb as politicians when it comes to common sense, and wait for the Force End Turn.

A perfect example is if you cause a river of fire from the oil barrel when fighting the boss at the lighthouse. The two archers there can hit my characters, yet I can't hit them because of the smoke.

Chest by Reginald (and talking head) can be opened and robbed while crowd is there watching his show.

Double Arhu Got one in the cat form and human form. Both have two separate inventories to sell stuff too.

Ghoulish Gas Bug When at location X254 Y361 if you cast bloodshed (or I guess anything to cause a Ghoulish Zombie to bleed) poison gas just keeps spreading until the whole map is covered with the exception of the stream. Screenshot here: (uploading right now)

http://imgur.com/qemqLNi
- Image large in size, being considerate to low-broadband users
- The bugged ghoul ran across the stream with the bleed effect causing the other side to be full of poison gas and catch on fire
- Camera is rotated further then normal due to me 'hacking' the camera rotation to be 45 degrees instead of 30 degrees like normal.
http://imgur.com/zyqogUg (large file size)
- Image shows extent of glitch when an undead boar has bloodletting casted on it. The image shows how far the poison goes.
- Here I actually survived the battle and was wondering if the poison would go to town... I was going to play Mad King Aeries and watch them all burn with some 'wild fire' but that didn't happen frown

Arhu Sparkmaster 5000 - The 3 NPC's get killed too easily by its fire attacks. It is possible to save them, just extreamly difficult.

Book Issues - Double clicking them in backpack doesn't always open the up. Still can't just read a book without putting it in your inventory, it isn't necessary to put 95% of the books in your inventory.

Orc Beach
traps - instant death and no trap device is ever discovered by my characters. These traps here are just seriously annoying. With all the save and loading to get threw here, it feels more like a blunt waste of time.

Bloodletting (again) - When used on an orc warrior in the 1st encounter on the beach where you fight in a body of water, casting Bloodletting on the orc warrior turned the whole lake into blood and it is creeping like the poison did. This time the radius appears to be about 75 meters before it stopped. Talk about lag, my PC has over 6GB of RAM and the game runs on a Solid State HD and there was a very noticeable slowdown while it was generating the blood.

http://imgur.com/N2FCOIY (large file)
- Characters are standing by the dead orc that caused this mess
- Mouse curser is in the far right showing the distance to the edge of the blood pool lake.

http://imgur.com/4p5tqwh
- Whole area can become electrified.
- This is close to the entire area being electrified, by the time it gets to the far edge, the effect wears off.

Water Sound Effect without water.
In the entire cave (even island with hidden switch under buses) at X414 Y48. This is the Pirate Cave.

Headless Nick glitch - After talking to his daughters' ghost, when I try to talk to the head in the market, I'm getting a message saying "not enough strength". This is a new bug, the quest worked in previous builds.

Wather Statue
- When talking to the earth one to see the "future" the last part of the dialog has an internal note saying to [LAUNCH THE CREDITS]

Dietmar Thug - The ones that are invisible prior to the start of the battle will stop attacking and just stand there. Combat will end and holding CTRL down, I can just kill them off easily.

Knock-Down bug - Sometimes when a player/monster is knocked down, if you teleport them somewhere else they don't get back up. This results in END TURN happening or clicking the hour glass if it is one of your characters.

Currently I knocked Evelyn down using Crushing Fist, then had teleported her to an area engulfed in flames. Well she didn't burn (so much for Witch Trials) and now she won't get up.

Zombie Jake
spawn too early - After killing Evelyn, while a Charred-Bone Lieutenant was still alive, he spawned.

Beggar NPC that lost it all from being told by the watch statues to burn his house down doesn't have any updated dialog after killing the demons in the watcher statues.

There is a little more to the game, but I'm done for the night lmao. Anything more I find, I'll post later on.

Last edited by LightningLockey; 01/06/14 07:28 AM.

Every time there I run into trouble on the road, there is always a dwarf at the bottom of it. Don't they know how to drive above ground?
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Raze

You should be able to use cheese as a lure for rats (and maybe grain for chickens). They are rather hard to talk to, though.

You don't enjoy the whack-a-mole minigame?

Is that not intentional? think

old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Originally Posted by Gyson
Originally Posted by Raze

You don't enjoy the whack-a-mole minigame?

Is that not intentional? think

Bad story my friend... you see the game frustrated me so I brought a real wooden mallet to the arcade. Those games are expensive to replace btw so I wouldn't suggest doing that.

Support
Support

I think it is intentional that rats, etc, are hard to click on, but IMO it may be a little too hard.

old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Well I think I'm done for the night, 3rd post down from the top has majority of the issues I've ran into.

W
stranger
stranger
W
I'm amazed with how you paint the screen with the blood of your enemies.

About the weather statue, I though the launch credits was intentional, since he's the one that talks about the future is he not?

old hand
OP Offline
old hand
The problems is that the credits are NOT being launched. Instead, there is an internal note of what Larian intends to do, but haven't implemented it yet.

Link Copied to Clipboard