Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
4verse Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
hi forum

quick question: what does the difficulty setting do? does it only affect health of enemies or also something else?

kind regards

Last edited by 4verse; 18/06/14 02:26 PM.

"I don't make games to make money, I make money to make games". (Swen Vincke)
veteran
veteran
EDIT: I'm not sure if this is everything, but at the very least I know this:

It affects the health of the player characters. Easy is +50%, I think, Medium is +15%, Hard is -25%. It also affects Chance to hit, but maybe only on Hard. On Hard, players get a -10% chance to hit, and enemies get a +20% chance to hit.

Last edited by Stabbey; 18/06/14 09:59 PM. Reason: clarity
4verse Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
ah, thx!

"I don't make games to make money, I make money to make games". (Swen Vincke)
addict
addict
oh oh have they got it working yet? last thing I read it was a place holder still being worked on. I had set mine on hard and noticed no real change.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Stabbey
It affects the health of the player characters. Easy is +50%, I think, Medium is +15%, Hard is -25%. It also affects Chance to hit, but maybe only on Hard. On Hard, players get a -10% chance to hit, and enemies get a +20% chance to hit.

Just a personal opinion, but that is a fairly disappointing implementation of difficulty modes.

To clarify, I was hoping for a combination of more health on the monster's side (mainly for the combat to last longer) plus access to additional abilities and higher ranked AI scripting (for added difficulty). Tweaking hit/evasion chances helps, but increasing difficulty by making my character more incompetent is not my favorite approach.

addict
addict
Not sure they have let out the official details of the difficulty. They have been upping the enemy AI to include more abilites. So on release day might actually see hard mode allowing enemies to set up elemental combos and using a full bar of skills like players have.

veteran
veteran
Sorry, to be clear, that's just what I know about the different difficulty settings, but there may be more things that I do not know about.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Stabbey
Sorry, to be clear, that's just what I know about the different difficulty settings, but there may be more things that I do not know about.

after some searching everything I found about it, was what you said. So I think that is the base of the slider. Which is fine~ players can manually tweak their games with the tools ^_^

Link Copied to Clipboard