Print Thread
#500571 22/06/14 07:37 AM
M
MogwaiX Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
M
First: I love this game. It reminds me so much of Ultima VII and the like that no other game has manacled to do. I love the possibilities, the co-op and the music.

Next: Bugs and critiscm.

- Character creation We need more choices, especially for the outlook of the character. Bald character! More skin colors! Height and body mass changer! More underwear!

- You can't turn the character on character creation by dragging him/her from preview character. In most games you can.

- The video after the character creation runs choppy.

- You can't see if a container is empty, before you have opened it. I get how you could not realistically thinking, but in a game, opening all those empty boxes gets old quickly. Seriously. Please let me see if a container is empty by hovering my mouse on the box before I open it.

- Too little loot. Way too little. Especially when you have to open every single box to see if there's anything in them. My wife loves loot, and she was very disappointed of the amount of it.

- Inventory panel. Please put a 3d-model of the character in it. That way you can see, how your new armor/weapon looks like. This is important! smile

- Autoloot possibility? This could be a taggable choice in the options.

- Camera follow. It took a LONG time, before we found that you can make the camera follow the character by holding left mouse button on the ground. There needs to be a button for centering the camera to the character, and making it follow her.

- Too many Windows95-"ARE YOU SURE?"-"DO YOU UNDERSTAND?"-clickety-windows.

- ESC does not close all windows. On the map window, pressing "M"-again does not close the window. Also: Journal is L. It's not Log, it's Journal, so why L?

- Smaller character portraits and message windows. It's too easy to click the windows while trying to move a character, or do something else. Please allow a size slider for character portraits.

- Double-left-click should collect a loot from a container automatically to the character in use. For simplicity.

- An option to disallow stealing stuff. It's a bit too easy to click a herring and get killed. A button to "thief mode/normal mode" would help.

- A button to leave discussion immediately. Sometimes "I take my leave." is loooong away down in the chat options. Also, less "Click to continue". You can put more text in a single screen, so do it. This game is overflowing with continuous clicklicclick-windows.

- You can't put the same button in use twice when changing keyboard layout. SPACE is used twice, but if you click to change it, you can't put it back to SPACE anymore.

- I like the idea of the rock-paper-scissors -game, but it could be faster. It's too slow, just speed it up!

- Overall game balance is a bit wonky. It seems to depend on the characters used, but with a fighter and a cleric we sure got ourselves killed after leaving the city. More easier battles would be good, since we aren't exactly elite fighters yet.

- You should get experience from crafting! If you are a crafter like us, it would be cool to get some kind of experience bonus from making soup... Since we make a LOT of soup. smile

- Mac version still has some graphical glitches and low FPS regardless of the graphics settings used. My wifes old iMac with a radeon card runs the game faster than my iMac with a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M 512 Mt.

- The game runs reaaaaally choppy at beginning, but after about 5 minutes, it suddenly runs better. Why? It does not matter if I stay on place, or move to another place, the same occurs.

Overall, I love the game, and so does my wife.

Keep the good games coming!

Elverils/Larian Studios
Elverils/Larian Studios
Can you please give me description of graphical glitches you've seen?

660M is a decent card but with low memory. What OS X version are you using? How much RAM do you have?

The video at startup should not run choppy - it should have 2 problematic points where it might freeze a bit wink But video play should be smooth.

I test play this thing in test lab on HD3000 - it's a very low end config and it plays decently. Resolution matters as well as shadows and of course high-end PP. Your iMac is 2560 x 1440 and that's extremely big for 660M - your resolution should vary around 1920, 1680 or 1400. You should not use Fake fullscreen as well.

That's about it. No idea on 5 minute issues, might be video memory overflow issues.

Last edited by Stauff1138; 22/06/14 11:09 AM.
M
MogwaiX Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
M
OSX 10.9.3 and 8GB of ram. I play on 2048x1152 without fake fullscreen. Also, I don't have your resolution suggestions as a choice. Why don't I? :I After 2048x1152 I have 1600x1200 and 1600x900.

The funny thing is that neither the shadows nor antialias seem to affect FPS much.

Elverils/Larian Studios
Elverils/Larian Studios
Good - your video is cool enough to handle them both. Game gives you only choices that video card gives it. Can you please
get this app for free https://itunes.apple.com/ru/app/opengl-extensions-viewer/id444052073?l=en&mt=12

There you need to go to Display Modes and screenshot them all for me.

Thanks in advance!

M
MogwaiX Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
M
[Linked Image]

Here you go. smile

Elverils/Larian Studios
Elverils/Larian Studios
Well that's the only thing game can give you.. I suggest 1600 and lower resolutions.

Last edited by Stauff1138; 22/06/14 02:15 PM.
M
MogwaiX Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
M
Updated impressions from the final beta!

1. Tone down the seagulls at the beginning demo. smile
2. "Delete save game" -button could be closer to the saves. Or at least have a BIGGER BUTTON.
3. Mac version runs quicker. No longer has the 5 minute bad FPS -problem. GREAT!
4. Possibility to automatically collect the money?
5. Saving game level cache-problem. Copy to level_cache failed. Can稚 save? Have to destroy saves before saving again.
6. Graphics bug: Skill buttons å·´link at times when walking.
7. Graphics bug: Sometimes river has a weird polygon.
8. Items about to be stolen can be seen as something about to be stolen! Fantastic!
9. Crafting doesn稚 have a UI. As much as I enjoy drag&drop, please give us a crafting UI!
10. Can you break items into components?
11. When selling, a double click at an item could should ALL items at once.
12. Exit dialogue button. Please.
13. Graphics bug: Sometimes shadows explode on the beach beyond Chysael.
14. Level of the area should be visible to players. Otherwise, everything kills you, since battles start almost immediately.
15. Locked portraits, so that they stay on their places. Itç—´ a bit silly hey change their positioning all the time.

Overall Grrrrreat! Can't wait to play the full game!

veteran
veteran
4. Why? It's not like Diablo where tons and tons drop after each encounter.

5. Does the savegame work if you try saving again, or does it give you the same message no matter how much you try? Because I sometimes get the message, and find that it works if I save again. Some other people reported that it repeatedly failed though. (Also, verify your files through Steam just to make sure, etc...)

11. "When selling, a double click at an item could should ALL items at once."
Should what? Sell all? Normally, you don't want to do that anyway.

12. Agreed, but it doesn't look like it'll be in.

14. Not necessary. Except for ambushes, you can pretty often see enemies from far enough away before fighting starts, and you can enter sneak mode (C) to get closer and scout them out.

M
MogwaiX Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
M
4. Why would you not want to collect the money? Is there any reason not to?

5. It doesn't help. Only deleting all saves and then saving again helps.

11. If I have 7 carrots, and I want to sell 11 carrots, a double-click should move all carrots to sell -screen. Right now there's no way to go past the "HOW MANY?" -window.

14. Fighters are not good scouts. wink Right now, at level 3, everything seems to kill a knight/cleric group. Where to go? Undead kill you, orcs kill you... What next?

veteran
veteran
4. I meant why do you need an automatic pickup when gold doesn't drop at a higher rate than other things.

5. In that case, it is indeed a serious bug.

11. Ah, okay, now I understand.

14. West Cyseal is the appropriate area for a level 3 group. It's the only unlocked gate. Sometimes it is possible to blunder into an encounter (like the scarecrow one), but generally you can spot them ahead of time.

M
MogwaiX Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
M
4. Because no one leaves gold un-picked. laugh

11. Thank you. Those orcs kicked our asses before, but I guess we'll have to try again.

An addendum to the list:

16. Keep the sorting on the inventory. If I have chosen "Latest added", keep it.
17. Please: bigger outlines and/or a selector to the floor when targeting enemies or people. Right now itç—´ hard to select anyone fast.

Last edited by MogwaiX; 29/06/14 05:57 PM.
B
B
Re 11 - NOT the orcs, they're a bit higher than 3.
There are 2 west gates - Lower (near the docs) and Upper (near the actual city).

You should take the upper one, beyond which there are undead (not orcs).

M
MogwaiX Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
M
Originally Posted by Beyond
Re 11 - NOT the orcs, they're a bit higher than 3.
There are 2 west gates - Lower (near the docs) and Upper (near the actual city).

You should take the upper one, beyond which there are undead (not orcs).

Oh. Okay, thanks!

Link Copied to Clipboard