Zukuu Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
How should I set up the editor?

EditorDataPath
GameDataPath
TextureAtlasIconPath

using Steam, I have no clue where I should set each path. GameDataPath to the main root or somewhere deeper? Dunno what TextureAtlasIconPath is. etc

Can anybody help me?

R
stranger
stranger
R
EditorDataPath and GameDataPath should be set to [steam install path]\SteamApps\common\Divinity - Original Sin\Data\ I believe. At least that's how it agreed to start up for me. I've got TextureAtlasIconPath as blank for now.

Edit: Referring to the post 2 below:
EditorDataPath: [steam install path]\SteamApps\common\Divinity - Original Sin\Data\Editor\
GameDataPath[steam install path]\SteamApps\common\Divinity - Original Sin\Data\

Last edited by Rane; 30/06/14 06:42 PM.
addict
addict
woah woah woah yeah....am confused on this also. Thought I had it set up..and now its just spamming me with corrupt errors and no idea where to set the TextureAtlas path too..

Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that the other memory is corrupt...

spamming this to me over and over and just shows me a blue screen that says.. Eyes of a Child.....

Last edited by Ellary; 30/06/14 06:37 PM.
Zukuu Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Found this http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=276611375 and it says to set it up like Rane pointed it. Data and the other to Data/Editor. They say to leave textureatlas blank for now.

I'm also being spamed with the error "Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indicator that other memory is corrupt".

Zukuu Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
seems re-installing the editor, setting it up properly the first time AND re-installing .NET have solved the issues.

addict
addict
yes I followed all the set up tutorials... it is a 32 bit program not sure if that matters? since I am on 64 bit windows 8. Hope someone knows a solution. really just want to start modding.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Zukuu
seems re-installing the editor, setting it up properly the first time AND re-installing .NET have solved the issues.

did you use the .net that came with it? cause mine refuses to open..

Zukuu Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Originally Posted by Ellary
Originally Posted by Zukuu

did you use the .net that came with it? cause mine refuses to open..

it was located in the divinity folder. .3.5

addict
addict
yeah that one refuses to open for me...wondering if it's cause I am on windows 8....even downloading it from Microsoft it will not open.

NM it works. just had to fully remove it and the config for it and set it up properly the first time ^^

Last edited by Ellary; 30/06/14 06:55 PM.
Zukuu Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Is there a windows 8 specific one?

addict
addict
no no ^_^ it's working now I just had a super duh moment! it glitches out if you don't set it up properly the first time.

and now is where it turns into my worst nightmare this thing is not user friendly..I just wanted to change a few talent names...and make a ring for starting out.. seems this is going to be a nightmare.

mine keeps saying FileAccess: Could Not Open filename. then it goes into Mods\main\level\CYS_BlackVove]meta.lsb

Larian why this no user friendly!

Last edited by Ellary; 30/06/14 07:01 PM.
Support
Support

You should also just be able to delete the config.xml file, if you were to set the data paths incorrectly and get memory errors on startup.

Link Copied to Clipboard