Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
G
GGhost Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
G
I want to edit some spells but it seems none of the scripts in the game have actually been provided. When I try to open a script for edit in the resource manager, I get an error saying:

Could not open file name C:\...\SkillScripts.lsb. Reason: It does not exist.

Are there any plans to fix this?

addict
addict
you and I are in the same boat.. from what I have been told. this is the beta toolkit. So we might have to wait for the fully worked out one.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Ellary
you and I are in the same boat.. from what I have been told. this is the beta toolkit. So we might have to wait for the fully worked out one.

Well...Larian are supposed to do plenty of tutorials on the toolkit after they take their vacation so hopefully it'll work out. But they also said this toolkit will never likely exit beta as they'll keep working on for quite some time but improvements should be quite constant.

Growing pains. I am confident Larian will either fix it or explain how to go about doing it properly. smile

addict
addict
Here's the gist of what I know so far about the editor (which isn't much):

The editor itself has the main purpose of creating maps and stories. Data on skills, traits and other such stuff is stored in some .obj files that need to be manually loaded into the editor to be usable, and even then I'm not sure if one can fiddle with the files themselves.

Of course, I may be wrong.

Unless otherwise specified, just an opinion or simple curiosity.
enthusiast
enthusiast
Unless this game is made in a way that is unique.. the files we are looking for are likely in the pak files wink So we need an .. un-pak-er wink and an pak-er if you get my word play...

There does not seem to be a way to manage resources with this editor, which means we are gonna need the official tools they used to pack the game files, and hope their thingy has an unpacker.. or maybe someone from the community figures out how to unpack the pak files?

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by EinTroll
Here's the gist of what I know so far about the editor (which isn't much):

The editor itself has the main purpose of creating maps and stories. Data on skills, traits and other such stuff is stored in some .obj files that need to be manually loaded into the editor to be usable, and even then I'm not sure if one can fiddle with the files themselves.

Of course, I may be wrong.

Oh my... that is not logical at all.

B
stranger
stranger
B
eRe4s3r is right, also I think we need to unpack them to be able to modify the main campaign, because I can't load the main level right now if I set a new mod to depend on the main mod.

Edit:

okay, so if you load levels of the main campaign in your own mod, you can add as much as you want and it will work but the moment you try to delete/modify anything that's from the main mod, it will say you need developer rights to open the file where this one thing is in and you can't safe.
Also you will have an empty Main folder in your mods folder, you need to remove it otherwise you will not be able to load the main mod or any other that depends on it.

Summary:

- You can't edit official main mod content

- But you can add your own content to the official main mod

- If you can't load the main mod anymore: try to remove the Main mod folder in your mods folder.

Last edited by Bobylein; 01/07/14 10:55 AM.
apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by Bobylein
eRe4s3r is right, also I think we need to unpack them to be able to modify the main campaign, because I can't load the main level right now if I set a new mod to depend on the main mod.

Edit:

okay, so if you load levels of the main campaign in your own mod, you can add as much as you want and it will work but the moment you try to delete/modify anything that's from the main mod, it will say you need developer rights to open the file where this one thing is in and you can't safe.
Also you will have an empty Main folder in your mods folder, you need to remove it otherwise you will not be able to load the main mod or any other that depends on it.

Summary:

- You can't edit official main mod content

- But you can add your own content to the official main mod

- If you can't load the main mod anymore: try to remove the Main mod folder in your mods folder.

When you load the main mod, and select open level (Cyseal) do you see a normal level or a bunch of floating assets and no terrain height or texture data?

"Sooner or later, reality becomes a quaint idea that most 'suffer' only when needed." - RogueDeus
addict
addict
wait..so what I am getting from all this is "You cannot edit core spells and talents" ? can only add in things...if this is the case then I just need to walk away fast lol.. I am not a script writer at all. Which is why I look for toolkits o.o

addict
addict
We need a dedicated modder section.

And indeed, we should wait for the unpacker.

The map making part of the editor in incredibly good hehe

Un chemin de 1000 lieues commence par un premier pas.

Project:
Steam workshop Frontiere
R
journeyman
journeyman
R
So basically we can't edit items at the moment?

Irritating.

apprentice
apprentice
I am guessing they gutted the tool set so that you couldn't ruin your main install, until they rig it so that you can't. Unfortunately till then, there is no way to access the main assets.

Why they didn't simply say so before they teased everyone with an early tool set (oh the irony) that they wouldn't have been able to use, is beyond me.

They could have saved themselves a whole lot of negative sentiment had they managed expectations.

Perhaps that had something to do with fulfilling the rest of their list of Kickstarter goals, on release, at all cost. It was bad enough they had to scrap the NPC schedules. Better to release a half gutted non-functional tool than none at all.

I realize this may sound like a complaint, but its not. I expected this. wink
I really love the game and want to see it make Larian a ton of cash. They deserve it.

"Sooner or later, reality becomes a quaint idea that most 'suffer' only when needed." - RogueDeus
addict
addict
I managed to break my main install ^_^ when I tried to load the character creation map. from then on I could not start games and it was an odd white screen. Had to re install. Guess it's more League of Legends and World of Warcraft for me til the toolkits up n running.

old hand
old hand
I guess Larian is damned if they do and damned if they don't. We had been imploring them to release the toolset with whatever was available so we could begin to see what it can do. I don't think it's fair to charge Larian with teasing people by an early release. We have been pestering them for it for a long time.

They have been gracious enough to hear our requests for releasing it in whatever state it was in, and even get us started with a quick sample mod, a one hour twitch session, and some introductory videos to get us started (all of which, if watched, should have managed expectations). The state of the toolset should come as no surprise to those who supported this game early and have been following it all along. If you're late to the game and came in with unreasonable expectations because you didn't do your homework, then I'm sorry, but that's not wholly on Larian.

DOS2 Mods: Happily Emmie After and The Noisy Crypt

Steam Workshop
Nexus Mods
apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by Windemere
I guess Larian is damned if they do and damned if they don't. We had been imploring them to release the toolset with whatever was available so we could begin to see what it can do. I don't think it's fair to charge Larian with teasing people by an early release. We have been pestering them for it for a long time.

They have been gracious enough to hear our requests for releasing it in whatever state it was in, and even get us started with a quick sample mod, a one hour twitch session, and some introductory videos to get us started (all of which, if watched, should have managed expectations). The state of the toolset should come as no surprise to those who supported this game early and have been following it all along. If you're late to the game and came in with unreasonable expectations because you didn't do your homework, then I'm sorry, but that's not wholly on Larian.

Ah but that is where you are mistaken. Perception is reality to 99% of customers and when given a choice between satisfying the demands of a very small minority and managing the expectations of the masses, you choose the masses. Because as you put it, they are damned either way. Might as well choose the lesser of damnation's, especially when you'll disappoint regardless of results.

Anyway. I get it. On a personal level I am astonished that Larian manged to accomplish what they have with what they had to accomplish it. The game is a masterpiece. Releasing the tool set they way they did was their bridge too far. wink

Having said that though, when the tool is finely in a functional and usable state, I hope to be one of the communities primary content developers.

Last edited by RogueDeus; 01/07/14 01:57 PM.

veteran
veteran
I can't edit the official campaign? what nonsense!

old hand
old hand
Yes, I understand, and Larian could do a better job communicating on several fronts, but they are small and overworked right now, so it's understandable. I just expect a bit more from modders than I do from players when it comes to being informed and needing to have their hands held through the process.

Best wishes with your content development. It's going to be great to see what the community offers! cool

DOS2 Mods: Happily Emmie After and The Noisy Crypt

Steam Workshop
Nexus Mods
B
stranger
stranger
B
Originally Posted by RogueDeus

When you load the main mod, and select open level (Cyseal) do you see a normal level or a bunch of floating assets and no terrain height or texture data?

If I load the main mod I see a bunch of floating assets but if I load it in this way:

http://www.larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=504576

I see a normal level which I can add things to, but not modify existing entities.

J
stranger
stranger
J
Is it possible to add characters to the main mod? I am running into the same 'does not exist' error when trying to edit player characters added to a mod.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard