Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Print Thread
M
Mr. C Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Want to recommend a mod or make a suggestion? Why not post it here.

Try to keep it concise as you're unlikely to be putting together the actual mechanics so much as providing a kind of "vision" for something you would like to see in the game.

For example:

First Person Character View Mod
This mod would place a camera over the characters shoulder or in front of their face, giving the player the opportunity to see through the eyes of their character directly.

D&D Stats Mod
This mod would adjust the naming of certain stats and change the dependencies of others. Bodybuilding would become Fortitude, perception might be changed to "Wisdom" and Witchcraft would become Charisma dependent rather than Intelligence Dependent.

veteran
veteran
I do not disagree with the second one, but you need to expand the concept more.
By the way, reposting my own suggestions here, which are more aimed to developers rather than modders, as some of them require, possibly, alteration of hardcoded things (which I dislike and I hope they remove them from the game):

I believe the game could benefit more from a more complex skill system. There should also be a greater variety of skills, such as Active (current system), Passive (not found one yet) and Sustained (not found at all). Talents are not quite them same thing I fear. I also do not see an "upgrade skill" system.

The camera also needs some more work, as it feels a bit awkard right now, the first one at least. the full top-down is 100% working tho, unless I am mistaken.

I also would like to suggest the addition of a new element "Lucens", to be the counterpart of Tenebrium. as the name implies, it should deal mostly holy\light magic, aimed at destroying\rebuking undead smile (unless we can mod it in ourselves, in which case I will gladly do it smile - UPDATE: the editor does not seem to allow anything of the sort like now).
EDIT: Actually, I wouldn't mind the framework for MORE than 5 elements + poison.

More racial options: being a fantasy game, I'd love the possibility of roleplaying as a Lich, a Vampire,a Revenant, or even simply as an orc smile each one with ther own bonuses and skills. UPDATE: again no special info in the editor. we'll have to see.

more control over music and sounds: actually, I admit I haven't quite understood how the BGM system, or in general the sound system works, how 3d sounds are regulated etc. UPDATE: considering sound editor does not work yet, even more important. Also, necessity of customized player combat\exploration soundsets.

Support for additional morality meters: good and evil, lawful and chaotic etc. Obvious D&D bias here. I'm probably alone in this, I always found this essential, I am sure the framework exists already, as the meter page is empty and could use an expansion smile.

More use for corpses: rather than dissipating immediately into unusable ashes, in order to be target for customized skills such as Corpse explosion and reanimate smile obviously, not the PC corpses. cleanup also after a bit, those ashes laying around are a bit irritating lol

beam-like skills: just a thing of mine. I like beam powers laugh

there is already a morality meter: indipendent-obedient. I mean if it is possible to amplify that system. Violent\non violent; respectful\sassy.... all those things in the end can be summed up as good\evil.

I'd insert personalized comments for each race :P there would be a need for just a "keyword" system:
say, all elven variations would use the elven response, reptilian either, umanoid all the same. that depends also on how much of VA is actually there. and only the first lines (of all npcs, I concede that) would need to be altered.
And it would also be an interesting concept for NPCs. Non-human party members...

about skills: or an overhaul. it also depends on how powerful the toolset it.

about beams: tools do not mention the inclusion of a mesh\particle editor. and I suck at those things, this is one I'd gladly leave to someone other.

About DLC: I'd like to see darker DLC. For example, persian-inspired architecture, and Gothic architecture too. that would be awesome (for me at least). Temples, Catacombs and forbidden cities inhabited by undead in persian architecture... oh yes.

another way to overhaul specializations: each of them could have a different point cap, each level providing different bonuses for each point spent. Also, more than 1 bonus effect would be necessary.

another thing: make more usage of the points spent for levels, skills, skill trees and talents. have, for example, damage\range scale up accordingly to either skill tree level, talent level or character level

another thing: make spell castable range also dependant to the skill points used: a base value (different for each spell) which increases via a bonus (different for each spell) dependant on how many points are spent on said Class.

EDIT: I also would like to suggest to make spell effect area dependant on that.

Another feature which I have not yet seen in-game: turn number higher than 1 to cast very powerful spells. What I mean is, that certain skills should need more than 1 turn to be cast. in the meantime you're obviously casting and can't do anything else. casting can be distrupted by attacks, enhanced by skills and whatnot...

Another feature I miss: metamagic. again, a D&D feature, but I admit I like the idea of enhancing my spells in personalized ways smile of course, they'd need to somehow be upgradable\stack with each other.

Last edited by Dark_Ansem; 01/07/14 07:39 AM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
What about creating Half-Life 3?This will be awesome and then whole Steam service will be ours!!! and Gabe Newell would forced to develop real Half-Life 3!!
Kidding of course

Last edited by James 540; 01/07/14 06:24 AM.

Experience is a hard master but a good teacher-Proverb of RPG player (c)
stranger
stranger
I'd love to create a very challenging multiplayer campaign.

It would involve being stranded on a very hostile island/continent like in Path of Exile or Risen, since I really like the feeling of discomfort and being lost somewhere in a game.

I worked as a professional level designer before, so I should be able to familiarize myself with the map editing tools quite quickly. I'm really bad when it comes to scripting though, so that might become an issue smirk

veteran
veteran
I would like to add to my previous post that I'd also like to see duration calculated not only in turns, but also in game time (minutes, hours etc). that would be a nice addition.

Another addition: concentration spells, setting how much a spell can be cast for a number of consecutive turns, with the option of interrupting it any time, or dismissing any active effect if the spell allows it).

another heavily inspired D&D thing: material components. one cannot cast a spell without the appropriate item available, which gets consumed. additional conditions could be for the target (either living or dead) to have determined items for the spell to work. unsure if the game allows reverse pickpocketing tho.

EDIT: I'd also like to be able to modify the EXP table and exp rewards from killing monsters and completing quests.

Last edited by Dark_Ansem; 01/07/14 07:46 AM.
O
stranger
stranger
O
i first person mod is an option, but i think better would be a tilting camera when zooming in, how in dragon age, so u can see whats in front of u(know someone the camfile for modding?), and I want laugh an atmosphere mod with living things in the maps how insects, animals and so on(not for fight), and a fight mod would be nice

Last edited by Oldtimer; 01/07/14 07:53 AM.
veteran
veteran
those are suggestions for modders and devs (I hope). I like your idea of a DA camera tho.

addict
addict
Just two mod suggestions that would help my game a lot.

A thinner male PC model.

A sneak animation without the ridiculous cover (rock, bush, barrel, snowman, etc.)

veteran
veteran
the cover is a LOTR reference.. I thought it was amazing.

R
stranger
stranger
R
A music mod : At the moment the tracks didnt fits the situation. To happy/fast music in dark dungeons for example.

Further i can only second this suggestions :

A thinner male PC model.

A sneak animation without the ridiculous cover (rock, bush, barrel, snowman, etc.)

Last edited by Ramireza; 02/07/14 11:16 AM.
veteran
veteran
I agree with more situational dungeon music. allow for each one to have it customized smile

And I also want to be able to polymorph into a dragon and fly, and to recruit one smile

S
stranger
stranger
S
A KILLCAM! I loved the ones in XCOM: Enemy Unknown. Give me that visceral, close-up killcam so I can see over Madora's shoulder as she splits something in half. smile

D
enthusiast
enthusiast
D
Vendors who sell crafting items. I'm talking sinew, metal scraps, nails, etc. All the stuff which is incredibly valuable, but never seems to actually drop.

Link Copied to Clipboard