Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
B
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
B
This guide is based on what BlazeDragoon told me in his 4 player mod thread (link below) I just formated it as a simple guide.

First you want to read these guides written by the Larian team:

Setting up the editor:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=276611375

Setting up your first mod:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=276641529

Now you know how to start your own mod, but if you want to edit the official campaign it seems to be way more complicated:

Solution 1:
Download the 4 Player mod, and set the player limit to what you want:
http://www.larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=504225

Solution 2:

1. Start up the editor

2. Choose: Create new module... and click "ok"

3. Type in a name you like and select Main in both under Mods and in Data Packs, click "Create"

4. Now click on "New level" and enter "CharacterCreation" (of course without ""), after a short loading period you will see the Level from the Main campaign

5. Click on "File" in the menu bar and then "New Level" in the context menu, enter "CYS_BlackCove"

6. Do step 5 again with the following list of level names:
- Cyseal
- DAF_Druid_Dungeon
- DAF_Inner_Sanctum
- DAF_King_Tomb
- DarkForest
- Homestead
- LUC_Mines
- LucullaForest
- Menuscreen_Cyseal
- Menuscreen_Luculla
- ThePrisonGardenOfStoneKing

7. After "creating" all those levels click on "Modding" in the Menu Bar and then on "Module Setting" in the context menu

8. As startup level choose "CharacterCreation" and as Menu Level "Menuscreen_Cyseal", set number of players to the desired number and click save.

9. Now you can add new things to the main campaign but beware, as it seems you can't modify existing entities in the world because you need developer rights.
If you accidently modify and existing entity, get the error and can't load the main or your mod after that: Just remove the Main folder in the mods folder.

Summary:

- You can't edit official main mod entities

- You can add your own entities to the official main mod

- If you can't load the main mod anymore: try to remove the Main mod folder in your mods folder.

Again, thanks to BlazeDragoon for telling me this! thankyou

edit:

I already tried to add a similar guide to the wiki but I got instantly banned for: "Large spam page" o.O

Last edited by Bobylein; 01/07/14 02:52 PM.
addict
addict
nice one. thx

"I don't make games to make money, I make money to make games". (Swen Vincke)
apprentice
apprentice
Thanks for sharing this. smile

"Sooner or later, reality becomes a quaint idea that most 'suffer' only when needed." - RogueDeus
apprentice
apprentice
I just got around to attempting to follow your instructions and I can't help but wonder if I am missing something obvious.

Creating new levels with the matching names makes them appear as you say, but every level is still nothing but floating assets, with no terrain height or texture data. Just as if I had tried opening the main module, without creating a new one.

I followed your instructions verbatim, twice, and the result is the same. Anyone know why?

edit:
**This wont let me link a screenshot**

Last edited by RogueDeus; 01/07/14 07:48 PM.

"Sooner or later, reality becomes a quaint idea that most 'suffer' only when needed." - RogueDeus
S
stranger
stranger
S
i am encountering the same issue. doesn't matter if a create a new module or load the oc, the main levels only consist of a flat terrain without any height information but floating assets.

T
stranger
stranger
T
So I have quick, dumb question. I got a bug last night that made me lose all my equipped items that was probably my own fault due to mucking with the xlsbs, but still very annoying without a console just to cheat them back in. Either way, how might I go about doing something like that? Just plopping in an item or so in Cyseal or something?

Z
Zhe Offline
stranger
stranger
Z
That is interesting, I got a similar problem with the editor. If I create some terrain environment like hills and so on, save this things, create a ai-grid and save this too. . . after reloading,
I got only a flat map, but if I look in the ai-grid, this information are are not lost.

Last edited by Zhe; 03/07/14 10:28 PM.
T
stranger
stranger
T
So the game loads up and runs just fine, but none of my changes show up in the game.

O
journeyman
journeyman
O
I used a different method, I simply copied the files from the main (level data, story, etc) to the corresponding mod folder, and changes that I make work and are playable. I added a small island next to the start with some orcs to kill, and everything works

until I try to save and load, loading a savegame with the mod causes the game to hang forever

I guess we'll just have to wait on Larian to do much with the campaign, this seems to be a bug

Link Copied to Clipboard