Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
A
stranger
stranger
A
I've made two henchmen through this method, Azrael the Enchanter and Mandos the Fighter, both work perfectly well. Only thing I noticed is that in your guide you have the line
* Create the path Divinity - Original Sin\Mods\Main\CharacterCreation\HenchManPresets\
while your youtube vid shows you doing DOS\_DATA_\Mods\Main etc.
Obviously, it didn't work for me unless I moved it to the data folder, but from there on it went fine.

Otherwise, they function as intended mostly, I noticed I couldn't have capitalized letters in their filenames (azrael.lsx mandos.lsx), and I think the game skipped their level 2 attribute bonus when they were autoleveled to 3 (my characters were lvl 3 when I hired them), but this is probably due to other bugs. I haven't hit 4 yet, so I don't know if they will get that attribute point.

Thanks for the great guide and work!

journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Ah, I missed the \Data\ folder. Hopefully people will notice like you did, thanks for pointing that out, it might help if someone can't get it to work and made that mistake.

I too noticed the level 2 attribute not sticking, so I just applied it proactively in the .lsx, added 1 point where I wanted. My henchmen since have been getting all the usual level ups, so maybe it's just that one that doesn't work for some reason.

Glad it helped you.

A
stranger
stranger
A
Ah, yes, I did the same thing with the proactive attribute, but it's good to hear that the rest of the leveling is working as intended.

Well, you did enable me to keep playing, since I had to stop because of my annoyance at the poorly designed henchmen! The min/max'er in me dies a little everytime I see politician/packmule.

D
dot Offline
journeyman
journeyman
D
MODERATOR: PLEASE PIN THIS THREAD AND REMOVE MY POST!!!! THANK YOU.

Reason:
People are already spaming the forum because they do not use search or are to lazy to click on the second page. Pin this please, to save us from total chaos. I would also offer myself as moderator, if you need some people to look out for some quality upkeep!

stranger
stranger
I haven't been able to get mine to work either. It prompts when I start the game (as expected), the henchman purchase list glitches out (as expected), but my custom ranger doesn't appear in the list.

To minimize issues, I copied your default "ranger.txt" to the directory and renamed to "downfall.lsx" (because someone said that name worked for them). I left the goofy "Default Ranger" name value in there, to make it even more obvious when that character showed up in the list. He didn't show. frown

p.s. It has something to do with the guid. I took the existing HenchManData / ID value and incremented the last digit by 1. The custom ranger showed up normally in the list, and I didn't have to monkey with the filename at all. It'd be good to learn the pattern behind that ID at some point, since it'd probably be a "bad thing" [tm] to duplicate an ID for some other necessary game asset. smile But, hey, at least it works. smile

Last edited by MellowTigger; 07/07/14 12:18 AM.
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
That's interesting, so perhaps the list bugs because the GUID is a duplicate. Changing the file name must have some other effect that puts the custom one over the default one, since some filenames do work while others don't. Good find.

Actually did you notice if that helped the visual bug at all? Where they won't load with the right visuals until you force a load (by going to/from End of Time)? It happens with default henchmen too so probably isn't a fix, but just curious.

Last edited by Pestilence; 07/07/14 01:13 AM.
N
addict
addict
N
Originally Posted by Pestilence
That's interesting, so perhaps the list bugs because the GUID is a duplicate. Changing the file name must have some other effect that puts the custom one over the default one, since some filenames do work while others don't. Good find.

GUIDs must be globally unique in the game, as it is used for identifying objects about as often as names are.
If you copy any game asset that has its own GUID, generate a new ID for it. Doesn't matter what the new ID is, it doesn't have any requirements other than the formatting iself.
Just use this and you're set: http://www.guidgenerator.com

G
apprentice
apprentice
G
Changing GUID helped a lot. I couldn't create henchmans above lvl 3, but when I change it I can create every char with every level and it works on file names that it wasn't working yesterday

G
stranger
stranger
G
I created an account to say thanks for this , works great.

you can have any name you like it is the GUID number that can stop a henchmen from working. I used the GUID random number thing a previous poster linked to.

Thanks again as this has made the game much better for me

journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Glad it helped, and good to know GUID was the source of list bugs, makes perfect sense.

G
stranger
stranger
G
my henchmen looks have always worked as well.

I posted about this on the steam forums as I only noticed it through google.

journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
my henchmen looks have always worked as well.

They don't have any issues when you load a save? Other people have had the same issue even with default henchmen, I don't think it's specific to custom ones.

I tried using a new GUID and while it fixes the list, it definitely doesn't fix appearance. I really wish we could nail down what is causing that issue, because it's worse than the list bugging out in my opinion. Kind of sucks not having them stay the way you want them to look (unless you port every time you load a save).

Last edited by Pestilence; 08/07/14 04:04 AM.
T
stranger
stranger
T
Thanks for the great tutorial! It works like a charm. I did run across one small problem though.

When I try to give a henchman "Slow Current" from the Hydrosophist line, it doesn't show up in game. I've made sure it was spelled correctly (even copy/paste) but it just doesn't show up. All the other skills I've tried work but it doesn't seem to recognize "Target_SlowCurrent". It's not that big a deal but just thought I'd mention it and see if anyone else had the same problem or if it worked for them.

Got it! On a hunch I tried "Target_Slow" and it works. You may want to update your chart. smile

Last edited by TedEBearNC; 09/07/14 12:56 AM.
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Good catch, looks like it's Target_Slow. Will update and change the link.

T
stranger
stranger
T
Heh... didn't see your post until after the edit refresh. Thanks!

P
stranger
stranger
P
[Nevermind, got it working]

Last edited by Paddon; 09/07/14 07:34 PM.
K
stranger
stranger
K
Thanks for the tutorial, it was very helpful.

Do you know if it's possible to edit the base Critical Chance? After the second henchman the crit chance is at -10 instead of 0.

O
stranger
stranger
O
For Changing the GUID, where exactly do you change that? Is it in each characters .lsx file such as the <attribute id="ClassName" value="Wizard" handle="h6ed659b3g1890g402bg848cg3a960d04efe2" type="28" />
And I only change the handle? Or is it somewhere I'm not seeing? Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Nevermind I found it Dx I'm just blind

Last edited by Omnicloud; 11/07/14 12:14 PM.
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Originally Posted by Kyoumu
Thanks for the tutorial, it was very helpful.

Do you know if it's possible to edit the base Critical Chance? After the second henchman the crit chance is at -10 instead of 0.

Not with this method, it looks like the stats are taken from the presets, and then nerfed. I didn't even notice that crit chance and presumably other stats are also nerfed... my poor Rogue ;_;

K
stranger
stranger
K
This "nerf" seems accidental.

the stats get jacked up you lose 5 points

minus 1 str
minus 2 con
minus 1 speed
minus 1 Perception

and like +1 dex

and -10 base crit

this is a show stopper and makes the entire hencmen thing not work.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard