Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
As I mention in the video, I'm sure there is a more elegant way to do this, but I was unable to get a blank mod with dependencies working properly, whereas this way does. There are one or two weird bugs, but nothing harmful or too annoying.

Idiot-Proof Video Tutorial:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhErycQxHmM

Resources:
Full Skill / Ability / Talent list including in-code IDs
Templates for each basic class type
Visuals for all henchmen preset values

Guide:
* Create the path Divinity - Original Sin\Mods\Main\CharacterCreation\HenchManPresets\
* Create a .LSX file in this folder, name it anything you want. If you cannot find your henchman in game, rename it to something different and try again.
* Copy/paste the contents of the template you wish to use into it.
* Edit/Add/Change anything you wish using the provided in-game IDs.
* The picture of all the presets shows what the result is for each value from 0 to 16, for all entries (hair colour, head type, etc).
* The in game portrait corresponds to the 'Icon' entry.
* Save the file, and load your game. This is retroactive, and files can be deleted after you have recruited henchmen.

Known Bugs:
* Appearance for your henchman will be incorrect when you first load a save, you must warp somewhere that forces the game to load a map/level. Once you do, it will be properly reset. This happens every time you save and load. (Larian pls fix)
* The henchman list can sometimes get stuck or bug out in other ways. Change the filename of your .LSX until the henchman you want shows up.
* Your first 2 henchman you hire will have regular stat allocation, after that they receive less than normal. Pay attention to the number of Attribute points your henchman have, and adjust to your liking.

J
stranger
stranger
J
Thank you for putting this together! The skill/talent name list alone is extremely helpful. Now I can properly customize some henchmen.

S
stranger
stranger
S
Is it possible to use other races appearances? for example an Orc?

journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Originally Posted by Scindo
Is it possible to use other races appearances? for example an Orc?

There is a race entry, but I never fiddled with it. Give it a shot :P

G
apprentice
apprentice
G
When are you able to recruit those extra henchmans? I didn't touch story much, I was testing different builds and I'm curious about that. If I understand correctly I have to it from homestead right? How long will it take for me to be able to do that?

journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Originally Posted by Gorgorn
When are you able to recruit those extra henchmans? I didn't touch story much, I was testing different builds and I'm curious about that. If I understand correctly I have to it from homestead right? How long will it take for me to be able to do that?

Almost directly after, in terms of story progression. As soon as you reach the town you're able to unlock it, just have to do a few story related things.

G
apprentice
apprentice
G
Some tut maybe? xP I want to test this thing but not progress in story without my friends so some advice where to go to avoid unnecessary spoilers would be great

journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Some tut maybe? xP I want to test this thing but not progress in story without my friends so some advice where to go to avoid unnecessary spoilers would be great

You can't unlock it without progressing in the story.

G
apprentice
apprentice
G
Last thing, I borrowed save from a friend who was playing on multiplayer. I followed your guide step by step, even tried to add the template and it isn't working. Are multiplayer saves different from single?

journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
I haven't played in Multiplayer so I'm not sure if you'd have to do anything different. I wouldn't think so, so a wrong path or filename or something else (like a bugged list) could be the cause of them not showing up.

G
apprentice
apprentice
G
http://scr.hu/1cbw/ajsls is the path, I searched whole list from lvl 1 to 20, also named it same as you did in tutorial xP So i guess I have to rush singleplayer to check that out

journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Did you get the mod warning when starting the game? Did you try different filenames for the .lsx? The filename you see in the tutorial didn't even work, which is why I explained to try multiple filenames if they aren't showing up.

G
apprentice
apprentice
G
Yes i receive mod warning, I also tried a lot of different filenames (with, without spaces, with withour big letters, short, long, everything). I'm right now rushing through game to see if it is multiplayer bug or my fault

G
stranger
stranger
G
Can't get this to work. No matter what I do the new henchman doesn't show on the list.

I tried using the defaul mage tamplate and have triple checked the path. Also the game gives me the error about corrupted files, so as far a I know it uses the new file.

I have tried dozens of file names but no luck. Only effect I see is that the henchmen list buggs or even completely breaks on some files.

Could really use some help on this.

journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Originally Posted by GoatProphet
Can't get this to work. No matter what I do the new henchman doesn't show on the list.

I tried using the defaul mage tamplate and have triple checked the path. Also the game gives me the error about corrupted files, so as far a I know it uses the new file.

I have tried dozens of file names but no luck. Only effect I see is that the henchmen list buggs or even completely breaks on some files.

Could really use some help on this.

If the list is bugging then it's probably reading the .lsx correctly, so that's good. Make sure you're also exiting all the way back to the menu after making any changes, and then loading your save. Try 'Famine' or 'Downfall' as filenames, and only add 1 at a time. I know those filenames work and show for me (although 'Downfall' is more buggy than Famine it seems).

G
apprentice
apprentice
G
Originally Posted by Pestilence
Try 'Famine' or 'Downfall' as filenames, and only add 1 at a time. I know those filenames work and show for me (although 'Downfall' is more buggy than Famine it seems).

That... worked :o I tried a lot of names and all were not working but Femine for some weird reason is, even on multiplayer save.

journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Originally Posted by Pestilence
Try 'Famine' or 'Downfall' as filenames, and only add 1 at a time. I know those filenames work and show for me (although 'Downfall' is more buggy than Famine it seems).

That... worked :o I tried a lot of names and all were not working but Femine for some weird reason is, even on multiplayer save.

I saaaaaaid it's buggy and some filenames might not work :P

G
apprentice
apprentice
G
Ok, when I create Wizard with name Femine it's ok, but if I try to create Ranger with same filename it is not working. Have you tested Ranger file?

journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Ok, when I create Wizard with name Femine it's ok, but if I try to create Ranger with same filename it is not working. Have you tested Ranger file?

There's no exact science to this, it's buggy. All the templates are exact copies of henchman already in the game, I simply changed the names.

G
apprentice
apprentice
G
Downfall works for Ranger. I think it is not random but some names just work with some classes ;d

Last edited by Gorgorn; 05/07/14 06:29 PM.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard