Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
S
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
S
All Your feedback is very appreciated and it helps drive me to want to build more and do more in it.

S
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
S
Having a problem with my Story dialog...

[Linked Image]

Why is "I Must leave" in the middle?! i have it set to the bottom... this is quite frustrating...

This is the script for the conversation.

[Linked Image]

Edit: Fixed the problem laugh

[Linked Image]

Last edited by Shidiwen; 08/07/14 06:44 PM.
S
stranger
stranger
S
Been keeping a eye on this thread since you started it, every time I look it just keeps getting better and better and it's pretty amazing how you've managed to come so far so quick while we're all still sailing the uncharted waters of the toolkit. Every time I end up getting frustrated with my own modding efforts I come here to "oooh" and "ahhh" over your shiny screenshots, remind myself that it's still possible and get the inspiration I need to put my nose back to the grindstone.

Keep up the good work mate, can't wait to see what you can manage to do next.

S
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
S
Not many updates today, have been spending most of today learning more about the engine. Spent time building the Character Creation screen. Having trouble getting it to work though.

[Linked Image]

Definately need to turn down the saturation on the colors a tad.

Edit: re-uploaded fixed color / lighting. It looked too Diablo 3esk before lol.

This Character Creation screen is still a work in progress. there are a lot of nice assets that could be thrown in. But i wont be adding more until i can fix the problem with getting the mod to run ingame and in order Character Creation -> Act 1

[Linked Image] <--- Single / Multiplayer unclickable.

If anyone knows how to fix please post here or send me a message! thankyou

Last edited by Shidiwen; 09/07/14 12:52 AM.
stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Shidiwen
Not many updates today, have been spending most of today learning more about the engine. Spent time building the Character Creation screen. Having trouble getting it to work though.

[Linked Image]

Definately need to turn down the saturation on the colors a tad.

Edit: re-uploaded fixed color / lighting. It looked too Diablo 3esk before lol.

This Character Creation screen is still a work in progress. there are a lot of nice assets that could be thrown in. But i wont be adding more until i can fix the problem with getting the mod to run ingame and in order Character Creation -> Act 1

[Linked Image] <--- Single / Multiplayer unclickable.

If anyone knows how to fix please post here or send me a message! thankyou

I'd been struggling with this issue as well for about the entire day lol, so I'm sure you can feel my sentiment when I saw this when booting up my mod:
[Linked Image]

Now, I don't know why, but the unclickable start buttons are from the mod folder being in the "Mods" folder of the game directory.
So what I did was publish it (made it private), which adds a .pak file to your documents, then move the original folder out of the Mods directory to my desktop temporarily.
And voila! I was able to press start. Then my character creation screen was blank... one problem after another lol.

So moving the mod folder out of:
C:/Program Files/Steam/Steam Apps/common/Divinity/data/mods
And publishing to create a .pak file in:
Documents/Larian Studios/Divinity/mods

Last edited by Dalto; 09/07/14 01:57 AM.
S
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
S
Didn't work. i got the .pak in my documents and moved my mod out of the C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Divinity - Original Sin\Data\Mods to my desktop. its still unclickable.

It did say my publish failed. But the .pak was still created. was yours the same?

Last edited by Shidiwen; 09/07/14 02:02 AM.
stranger
stranger
Yea, my publish failed as well.
Found the new problem, I was trying to see what things the Main mod and Cow Simulator mod had that mine did not, that made their buttons clickable.
First thing I saw was a Story folder, which contains some scripts that I know nothing about.
I tried copying the Cow Simulator Story folder over to mine, opened the game and the buttons were unclickable, that's when I tried the fix that I had just mentioned about the .pak file.
Well now I removed the copied Story folder, re-published it, and the buttons are back to greyed out.

So what I'm thinking is, that within the Story folder are scripts that basically tell the game to start the mod, without those the game is clueless.

However, the game still doesn't like you having the mod in the Mods folder, which I think is just weird.

Last edited by Dalto; 09/07/14 02:16 AM.
S
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
S
So i should download cow simulator and copy which story files?

R
addict
addict
R
Is the Starting Scene set properly in the Module Settings? That's the only thing I can think of right now that would make a mod unplayable, since by default it is blank.

stranger
stranger
So i should download cow simulator and copy which story files?

You might be able to use the Main Story files, I just copied the entire story folder over from Cow Simulator.
In the editor, there's a Story Editor on the toolbar, in the Main mod the script shows this [Linked Image]
Which is what makes me think is the issue.

Last edited by Dalto; 09/07/14 02:29 AM.
S
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
S
Originally Posted by Rhidian
Is the Starting Scene set properly in the Module Settings? That's the only thing I can think of right now that would make a mod unplayable, since by default it is blank.

Yea its set to character creation.

S
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
S
And Dalto yea, thats the script that allows new game creation and character creation. I dont know how to write script. It is almost 4am though i will fix this tomorrow, but thanks Dalto you have probably fixed this for me just its a bit late for me to be fiddling with scripts and such i would probably just explode.

Thanks for posting about it, was driving me insane.

Last edited by Shidiwen; 09/07/14 02:45 AM.
stranger
stranger
That makes two of us. The Main Story folder, with that enormous list of scripts, makes the mod functional atm. I think it should be possible to switch some words around to make it relevant to our respective mods. Though at least we can be confident in hoping that's down the road and the game can function with the copied scripts.

Functional is good, at least.

S
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
S
One more thing, how do you set your camera for the menu screen?

stranger
stranger
One more thing, how do you set your camera for the menu screen?

I actually followed this little tutorial http://www.larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=511401#Post511401

I did run into a weird problem, that the camera wouldn't pick up some items in the scene, like chairs and the barrel. What you have to do for those items that disappear, is right click them and change them to scenery - for future reference.

S
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
S
Thanks i have a lot to do tomorrow it seems!

stranger
stranger
Thanks i have a lot to do tomorrow it seems!

They made this modding thing look a lot simpler than it is lol.
Hopefully your character creation functions better than mine, giving me fits.

S
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
S
I dont have to worry about it for a long time, i have made 3/28 maps for Act 1 (this doesn't include all of the NPCs and dialog / quests / enemies and scripts for combat). Still have act 2,3 and 4. So i have plenty of time until i get a team.

But i will be releasing the mod before its finished maybe half or 3/4 done of Act 1 just to bug test it and balance test it.

Last edited by Shidiwen; 09/07/14 03:03 AM.
D
dot Offline
journeyman
journeyman
D
Did you do the following to create a story folder etc.?

1.)
Open Story Editor

2.)
File -> Generate Definitions + Build

[Linked Image]

This will create a story folder etc.

Regards,

Chris

Last edited by dot; 09/07/14 08:15 AM.
stranger
stranger
That does seem to actually work, in substitute for copying a story folder over. Nice find.

Unfortunately for myself, someone with 0 game scripting experience, it's a relatively empty story folder. For me I almost have to have the main stories scripts for things such as the character creation screen. I'm sure I'll need to pull from it later as well for other things down the road.

Edit: Since your mod is capable of being started up in-game, did you have to create the .pak file and remove the mod folder as well?

Last edited by Dalto; 09/07/14 08:37 AM.
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard