Print Thread
D
dot Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
D
Hello,

here is a small tutorial showing you how to create a Menu Camera, so when your mod is loaded your scene will be shown in the background. The scene will not be static, it will show water and trees moving, if you set sound you will hear it aswell!

1.)
Create a new level: we will call our level "menu". After you have created your new level "menu" within your already existing mod and you would like to use a scene you have already created just go to:
...\SteamApps\common\Divinity - Original Sin\Data\Mods\***NAME OF YOUR MOD***\Levels\***NAME OF LEVEL YOU WANT TO COPY FROM***

select all files and just copy them into the level we just created:
...\SteamApps\common\Divinity - Original Sin\Data\Mods\***NAME OF YOUR MOD***\Levels\***NAME OF LEVEL OF MENU***

Reload your level!

If you don't wish to copy an existing level, just feel free to create a nice scene within the new level.

2.)
After you have created or copied a scene you will have to find a nice viewing point. Place your editor camera (the window is called "Eyes of a child") and view the scene the way you like:

[Linked Image]

3.)
Keep your position and go to:
TOOLS -> Place Spec cam at current pos

[Linked Image]

4.)
This will create a little camera. You now can zoom out a little bit to see it. Select it and then open the triggers:
[Linked Image]

5.)
Your camera will be called "SpectatorCameraTrigger_000"
Change the name by clicking on it to (exactly): "Camera_Main" (without "")

[Linked Image]

6.)
Go to Modding -> Module Setting...

[Linked Image]

7.)
Set the level you want to be the menu level as the menu level:

[Linked Image]

8.)
You are done! Save your progress and open your mod ingame. hehe

[Linked Image]

Regards,

Chris

Last edited by dot; 09/07/14 08:17 AM.
apprentice
apprentice
Very helpful, thanks bro!

apprentice
apprentice
Thanks a lot, been trying to do this forever. I was looking over the Cow Simulator mod to see what I'm doing wrong, but I would have never guessed the name of the trigger matters ouch

Last edited by SuZaKu; 07/07/14 12:47 PM.
T
stranger
stranger
T
Is the screen static ingame, or does it animate everything, like you see in the editor. the waterfalls and stuff..to make it more alive.

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by tykke
Is the screen static ingame, or does it animate everything, like you see in the editor. the waterfalls and stuff..to make it more alive.

It's exactly as you see it in the editor.

D
dot Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
D
Everything is animated. And you will hear all sounds (waterfall, music etc.) you placed correctly.

S
apprentice
apprentice
S
Great tutorial! Thanks a bunch!

There is just one thing that confuses me a lot... I only see terrain and walls, could there be a reason why?

Z
stranger
stranger
Z
Yeah, some props are shown in the game menu screen and others not. I tried to copy the properties of the props that are visibile to a props that is not, but no luck frown

Z
stranger
stranger
Z
Ok, sorry for the double post, I found a solution.
You just need to right-click the props and click "make Scenery". There are some drawback, for example you are using a candle the light source will not work, so you have to put it manually.

D
apprentice
apprentice
D
Great tutorial, thanks for this! I immediately made my menu screen soon after reading.

I have one question though- how do I get aigrid details (such as lava, smoke, fire) to show when in game and at the mods menu screen?

enthusiast
enthusiast
Thanks for the tutorial dot.

I kinda like how mine has turned out. smile

[Linked Image]

Escape From Smalcatraz: Steam/Nexus. Forum thread.
V
stranger
stranger
V
Hi. How did you do these mountains? What items(rocks) did you use or terrain editor only?

Link Copied to Clipboard