Print Thread
A
abr4 Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
A
Hello Larian,

first off, let me quickly congratulate you on your amazing game. Unfortunately my co-op buddy and I have encountered a game breaking bug which makes it impossible for us to proceed. Minor spoilers ahead.

After the first encounter with the conduit you are to flee from 3 sets of Death Knight armour. You do so by escaping through a set of magical mirrors, one of which eventually is supposed to teleport you to the surface. This is the mirror in question:

[Linked Image]

Whenever we tell him to carry us to the surface the game, without fail crashes while loading the area transition between LUC_mines and LucullaForest. This happens with all of our quicksave games. Going back is likewise impossible as the path is blocked by lava and we cannot use the pyramids either because they are disabled in the area. This not only happens on my buddy's PC when he hosts the game, this also happens on my PC with the same savegames, this also happens on another persons PC when he tried to load the savegames. At first we were playing at version 1.0.37.0, but after encountering the bug we patched to the most recent version, 1.0.53.0 - unfortunately the issue persists. Swapping to the German version of the game instead of using the English one had no effect either.

This is the set of quicksaves in question:
http://a.pomf.se/vjdbxk.rar

I am sure you can see how this prevents us from progressing and how this is very frustrating to us. I hope you can resolve our issue quickly so we can continue to enjoy your superb co-op RPG.

Kind regards,

abr4

PS: If anyone wants to help us, try loading the savegames on your PC and see if you can get past the mirror. If it works, upload a copy of the new savegame from the surface so we can just use that one instead to proceed.

Last edited by abr4; 07/07/14 12:03 AM.
Support
Support

I tried your quicksave_3, which hung when I tried to go up.

Please email supportdos@larian.com, with a description of the problem and the report.zip file generated by the D:OS support tool (for the PC version). The report contains your saves, as well as system info, etc, which you can just delete from the zip and include the download link in your email, if you wish.

A
abr4 Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
A
Thank you for your quick reply Raze, I just sent an e-mail at supportdos@larian.com as by your recommendation.

A
abr4 Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
A
We found a workaround for this.

In the directory

C:\Users\[name]\Documents\Larian Studios\Divinity Original Sin\PlayerProfiles\[name]\Savegames\[savegame]\LevelCache

we deleted the file LucullaForest.lsb
After doing so the game let us progress to the next area, except that our map discovery for Luculla Forest had been reset. Just the map though, quests and NPCs seem to still be in order.

We are looking into this issue currently. While this workaround has helped you to get back in your game it may cause other unwanted errors sadly, as tampering with data can often lead to more issues.

What I can tell right now is that the savegame seemingly somehow got corrupted and indeed will otherwise not be usable again. We apologize for the inconvenience this causes you and are working round the clock to fix these errors.

Best Regards

Last edited by Issh; 08/07/14 04:29 PM.
B
stranger
stranger
B
Has this error been fixed? I can't continue my game if I can't port into Luculla Forest. I have tried the workaround.

B
stranger
stranger
B
I got that problem too except mine started when I reached the 1st mirror/tp. Any choice will lead to crash.

B
stranger
stranger
B
Well, reload a save which none of my character interact with the portal yet. Grouping them together and use the main 1st character to talk to it seem to fix the problem.

Moderated by  gbnf, Issh, Kurnster, Larian_QA, LarSeb, Monodon, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard