Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
M
MrMRA Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
M
Game crashed when I leveled up to level 4. Appeared to be a video crash as music and controls still functioned. Screen either froze or went black, save file shows static in the preview.

After crashing multiple times on different video settings, finally dismissed henchmen and NPC Madora -- this would have been the first level up with Madora in my party.

With all NPCs dismissed, level up proceeded normally and game did not crash.

If your game is crashing on level up, try dismissing all NPCs right before you level until patch.

Cheers,
-MrMRA

Hi,

Could you send us a report.zip from our support tool? It will allow us to check your D:OS logs and figure out what went wrong.
It can be found here: http://www.larian.com/OriginalSinAlpha/AnalysisTool_DOS.exe
Simply run the tool and click generate report, then send this to supportdos@larian.com with a small description.

Thank you

enthusiast
enthusiast
I have a similar issue, though for me the UI sometimes stays and sometimes partially disappears and starts blinking, the only way out either way is Alt+F4.

I've mailed a report.zip to the supplied address, hope it's useful smile

* as usual this is imho (unless stated otherwise); feel free to disagree, ignore or try to change my mind. Agreeing with me is ofc also allowed, but makes for much worse flamewarsarguments.

It is a full moon night and ... bèèè! ... the Weresheep are out...
enthusiast
enthusiast
Still occurs after today's patch.

(for those wondering, I linked this thread from my mail, so they might be looking here for updates)

Last edited by theBlackDragon; 10/07/14 06:44 PM.

* as usual this is imho (unless stated otherwise); feel free to disagree, ignore or try to change my mind. Agreeing with me is ofc also allowed, but makes for much worse flamewarsarguments.

It is a full moon night and ... bèèè! ... the Weresheep are out...
B
apprentice
apprentice
B
I'm having the same level up to level 4 issue. Any fix that you are aware of yet?

Support
Support

Try dismissing one or both companions, level up and (if that works) re-hire.

B
apprentice
apprentice
B
I hope thats not the final solution and that the bug will be fixed...happened again going through the tunnel after battle with the automaton...20hrs in

D
stranger
stranger
D
Sounds like something I'm getting too.... http://www.larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=518438#Post518438

Would be interested to see if the screenshot I posted is what you guys are experiencing (note this ONLY happens for us on the 'guest' pc)

Last edited by danabnormal; 13/07/14 07:09 PM.
Support
Support
Originally Posted by biagioviv
I hope thats not the final solution

No, of course not.

S
stranger
stranger
S
I would just like to mention that I am also having this issue. It seems to occur when more than two characters are levelling up at the same time. Dismissing only one of the followers seems to allow me to get through a level up, since I left one of my main characters dead during part of a fight so that they would not level up at the same time. As long as I make the level up arrows go away on the portraits before picking the follower back up, it seems that the video won't crash.

In addition to this issue, I'm also having a problem viewing the Man At Arms tab in the skills page:
http://www.larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=518646#Post518646

S
stranger
stranger
S
Originally Posted by Suika
I would just like to mention that I am also having this issue. It seems to occur when more than two characters are levelling up at the same time. Dismissing only one of the followers seems to allow me to get through a level up, since I left one of my main characters dead during part of a fight so that they would not level up at the same time. As long as I make the level up arrows go away on the portraits before picking the follower back up, it seems that the video won't crash.

Confirming this! I were just about to flip tables and call quits on this game forever (so. many. bugs. yet. so. wonderful.), but something silly as this fixed it.
You sir are a gentleman and a scholar.

B
apprentice
apprentice
B
Larian are you still working on a fix for this? Happened again after the latest patch/update.

Support
Support

Yes.

B
apprentice
apprentice
B
any update on this fix yet?

B
apprentice
apprentice
B
happened again after the latest Steam patch. the work around allows me to continue to play on but its annoying when it happens usually after a large battle that I've just completed...

any update on this fix yet?

Support
Support

No, there is no update.

B
stranger
stranger
B
I have also submitted a reports.zip with two different save games at the brink of levelling up. Dismissing the follower/companion I have (Jahan) works around the problem but doesn't level him up of course.

Support
Support

When you re-hire a companion or henchmen, they get an experience boost up to the level of the character hiring them, if they are lower.

S
stranger
stranger
S
I have the very same issue, sent in the report thing generated by the tool. I am stuck at my quick save between
killin Evelyn and talking to Councillor Jake.
Load, he talks to you, get xp, level, crash. Load, talk, xp, crash. frown

Last edited by Spudzy; 25/07/14 07:57 AM.
Support
Support

And you don't have a recent quicksave or autosave?

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  gbnf, Issh, Kurnster, Larian_QA, LarSeb, Monodon, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard