Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
UPDATE: VERSION 1.1 RELEASED. Plate Mail added along with some tweaks to the other armors. Links have been updated.

This mod replaces the female leather and chainmail designs with more revealing designs similar to the alpha version of the game. It also add a sexy version of the mage armor and plate mail of my own design as well as an equilivant set of male armors.

DOWNLOAD THEM HERE:

female set:
https://www.sendspace.com/file/y1zfda

male set:
https://www.sendspace.com/file/jahnp4

SCREENSHOTS:

Female Leather:
[Linked Image]

Female Chain Mail:
[Linked Image]

Female Plate Mail:
[Linked Image]

Female Mage Clothes:
[Linked Image]

Male Leather:
[Linked Image]

Male Chain Mail:
[Linked Image]

Male Plate Mail:
[Linked Image]

Male Mage Clothes:
[Linked Image]

FEATURES:

- Each armor class has its own .pak file, for those that only want to use a few of the replacement designs.

- Compatible with existing save games.

INSTALLATION:

Place the files in of this zip into your data folder. Normally it would be:

/Program Files (x86)/Steam/SteamApps/common/Divinity - Original Sin/data

WARNING: Do not place the files in /Documents/Larian Studios/mods as it won't work there.

TO UNINSTALL:

Simply delete the files from your data folder.

KNOWN ISSUES:

- This mod cannot be toggled on/off from the mod menu, due to Divinity not currently supporting true stand alone mods that overwrite existing content. It functions like an overwrite of the main module.

- I have not personally tested how it works with multiplayer but others have confirmed it works without issue.

- The mage armors won't show secondary clothing such as Source Hunter Sarong due to the game still classifing it as robes.

ADDITIONAL CREDITS:

- Norbyte of the Larian forums: taught me how to overwrite existing models.

- Larian Studios: For creating the game and the replacement models I used.

EDIT: Looking to ditch your mage robes, but would rather have a more conservative style of clothing than this mod offers? Check out my Robes 2 Clothes Mod:

http://www.larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=514069#Post514069

Last edited by MrEsturk; 12/07/14 08:38 AM.
stranger
stranger
Yessss! Finally, been putting off starting a game waiting for this mod to come out!

journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
EDIT: male version released.

Last edited by MrEsturk; 11/07/14 07:17 AM.
R
stranger
stranger
R
The leather armour looks especially nice but I am more interested in where that hairstyle of the leather armour model came from.

journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Originally Posted by Rangaler
The leather armour looks especially nice but I am more interested in where that hairstyle of the leather armour model came from.

Its actually Madora's hairstyle I ported to the player hairstyles and tweaked a little (the original didn't take well to color swapping).

Its just part of my private mod for now, but I might make a mod later that swaps some of the less popular player hairstyle with the more appealing of the companion styles.

R
stranger
stranger
R
I eagerly await the day it might become available. Just saw your Robes to Clothes mod and am already installing it as I type.

stranger
stranger
Looking very good, this. smile

Z
stranger
stranger
Z
Awesome mod! But is there any way to get rid of those ridiculous looking huge belts?

journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Good news, a forum member from the steam community has confirmed my clothing mods work with mulitplayer!

Originally Posted by Zeddy1234
Awesome mod! But is there any way to get rid of those ridiculous looking huge belts?

There is, but to some degree the belts/props are part of the way the armors update in appearance over the course of the game. I suppose I could release a patch that removes them if there's a demand for it. Anyone else have thoughts on the matter?

R
stranger
stranger
R

Last edited by Rubim; 11/07/14 10:37 PM.
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman

Did you install the files into your /data folder? Its the folder with Main.pak, Textures.pak, etc. Not /public or /mod or the folder with the Cow Simulator Pak since it won't work in any of those places?

Last edited by MrEsturk; 11/07/14 11:13 PM.
A
stranger
stranger
A
Any chance you can do the rest of the female armors as well?

My character is currently wearing some Full Plate and she feels kinda left out.

Last edited by Arglaar; 12/07/14 04:10 AM.
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Originally Posted by Arglaar
Any chance you can do the rest of the female armors as well?

My character is currently wearing some Full Plate and she feels kinda left out.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Last edited by MrEsturk; 12/07/14 05:20 AM.
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Hooray, Version 1.1 is released! Plate Mail added to the list, some tweaks to the color shading on certain sets were made, and removed that shorts on the outside of pants look for the male armors. The download links have been updated.

EDIT: Which version of the leather armor do you prefer?:

[Linked Image]

Last edited by MrEsturk; 12/07/14 09:13 AM.
S
stranger
stranger
S
MrEsturk I wonder if it's possible to remove that silver chain mail part, the one that's at top of the blue chestplate?

And will you do 2 version of the mod? Like Sexy Armor with belts and props intact. Sexy Armor Mod Version 2 is the same as Version 1 but with belts and other props removed?

journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Originally Posted by Synthesis
MrEsturk I wonder if it's possible to remove that silver chain mail part, the one that's at top of the blue chestplate?

And will you do 2 version of the mod? Like Sexy Armor with belts and props intact. Sexy Armor Mod Version 2 is the same as Version 1 but with belts and other props removed?

The chain mail part can be removed. I'll make and edited version and post a comparison screen to see which version people prefer.

As for the belts, only the leather armors can have the belts removed with ease. The other armors have parts of their armoring attached attached to the same model. I might be able to edit it away on the chain mail, but the plate mail design would likely just get mangled in the process.

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by MrEsturk
In that picture I actually prefer the version with belt.

I think it's only the heavy shoulder belts I'm not so keen on; they don't look very logical. I'm alright with the hip belts.
But even those shoulder belts I'm tolerant towards.

A
stranger
stranger
A
Thank you kindly.

I like the belts. They show armor progression.

journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Originally Posted by KillingMoon
Originally Posted by MrEsturk
In that picture I actually prefer the version with belt.

I think it's only the heavy shoulder belts I'm not so keen on; they don't look very logical. I'm alright with the hip belts.
But even those shoulder belts I'm tolerant towards.

Well if you're talking about the shoulder belts on the males, sadly I can't get rid of them. For some reason there is a lot of shared textures in the male armor sets that make them a pain to work with. This is the same reason my male plate design is a bit bland: trying to transplant most armor styles it for a base were left with blank texturing spots the bulky default design doesn't account for >:(

EDIT: Now that I think about I probably can get rid of them. I kind of like the should belt on the chain mail, but the leather not so much.

Last edited by MrEsturk; 12/07/14 04:38 PM.
F
stranger
stranger
F
Great work!

The chain mail part can be removed. I'll make and edited version and post a comparison screen to see which version people prefer.

Could you remove the corresponding part on the leather armor too?

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard