Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#509789 05/07/14 11:13 PM
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Hi there, I wanted to ask how can I change ingame font?
I need to translate few words to my language (Czech) and default font does not support very required diacritics. frown

old hand
old hand
Here are some screenshots using different fonts in game:

A more pronounced font:
[Linked Image]

A cleaner font: (If it weren't compressed and resized at photobucket. This site won't allow me to show native rez.)
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Last edited by Horrorscope; 10/07/14 12:34 AM.
K
K
~accidental double post~

Last edited by Kriss; 10/07/14 12:42 PM.
K
K
Originally Posted by Horrorscope
Here are some screenshots using different fonts in game:

BUT HOW

And can we change font sizes?

Last edited by Kriss; 10/07/14 12:42 PM.
old hand
old hand
Give me later today on how (time)... I wanted to make sure there was any desire out there.

As for sizes, none in the way I saw or did it. But in the top set of pics the font in general is larger than the one mostly used in game, so it does come across a bit larger and in general it is a bit easier to read.

What section in-game are you looking for to be larger? The one place we have to watch out for is the STATS section, the first font I show above in STATS it is too big and it break boundaries, the 2nd set does not. But we do have control of what font to apply to 8 different area's.

The gist is unpacking Game.Pak with the lstools feature, then going into GUI Fonts doing some work there, then repacking and placing back into the games live folder.

Last edited by Horrorscope; 10/07/14 03:23 PM.
G
stranger
stranger
G
@Horrorscope

I have a bit of a problem with the font as well. Its not really the menu or such but dialog and speech. You know, the stuff that you have to read all day.

K
K
Originally Posted by Horrorscope
Give me later today on how (time)... I wanted to make sure there was any desire out there.

As for sizes, none in the way I saw or did it. But in the top set of pics the font in general is larger than the one mostly used in game, so it does come across a bit larger and in general it is a bit easier to read.

What section in-game are you looking for to be larger? The one place we have to watch out for is the STATS section, the first font I show above in STATS it is too big and it break boundaries, the 2nd set does not. But we do have control of what font to apply to 8 different area's.

The gist is unpacking Game.Pak with the lstools feature, then going into GUI Fonts doing some work there, then repacking and placing back into the games live folder.

Well just in general I find most instances of text really small and hard to read.
Can you try replacing all 8 instances with this font and posting the results?
http://www.dafont.com/optimusprinceps.font

stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Did try to unpack with LS Tools, change font and repack, but after that game crashes instantly. Game.pak also gets twice bigger after repacking.

old hand
old hand
Kriss, I'll test the link given in a moment.

Elkasei, what you did is most likely what I tried first and yes crash error. In the end what I did and I plan to revise the original way, was you see the 8 fonts after unpaking? I just grabbed other fonts and renamed them exactly the same name the game looks for.

For example:

One font is called: AVERIASERIF-BOLD.TTF

I just grabbed any other TTF (TimesRoman.TTF) and renamed/copied over AVERIASERIF-BOLD.TTF

So simpleton type stuff. I do want to go back and see if I can change names in the LSX to that new matching font, if nothing more than it seems more professional, however the results will be the same.

old hand
old hand
Kriss here is what your font looks like to what I'm currently using (Liberation Sans Bold), I'm confident this font will be easier to see in-game than the one you supplied. It won't be any larger Liberation will just be cleaner. Compare in both shots the 12 and 18 point to see which is easier to read, it will carry over in game.

[Linked Image]

Here is a comparison of the change font I used vs the main one used in game:

[Linked Image]

Let me see if I can get partial screen-shots to see if I can do this some justice.

Last edited by Horrorscope; 10/07/14 11:22 PM.
old hand
old hand
How to:

Alert: Go down many posts and there is a method where you can just download completed Font.pak files and just place the file in the mods folder.

These notes are if you want to make your own.
**Updated with new better method.

Download LSTools, install and run:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/32263228/lstools.zip

[Linked Image]

Unpack Game.Pak found in your main D:OS folder.
(Notice I made a backup and added a .org extension)

[Linked Image]

Save it wherever you want to. (I'm using e:\temp\Game Unpack)

[Linked Image]

Go into the unpacked folder you created, ..\public\game\gui\fonts

[Linked Image]

There are the 8 fonts used in game. There is the LSX which makes the most sense to edit that in LSTools, I just haven't had immediate success going that way. So what I simply did was find a TTF Font that I liked and renamed it to match those 8 names exactly. So the game is still looking for the same font names, it's just that those fonts were changed with something else.

Then repack just the fonts: (Made a folder called Font RePack)

[Linked Image]

(For Source Paths choose "Add Files" and just select the 8 Font .ttf files.)

[Linked Image]

Repackage...

Take Font.pak you just made and copy that into:

[Linked Image]

Done.

So the main thing is finding a font you like.

Last edited by Horrorscope; 12/07/14 10:24 PM.
old hand
old hand
Some Before/Afters:

Before:
[Linked Image]

After:
[Linked Image]

Before:
[Linked Image]

After:
[Linked Image]

Bonus After: (NPC Dialog, nice and clear)
[Linked Image]

It is just bolder and clearer, Combat log, Inventory/Stats.

Last edited by Horrorscope; 11/07/14 12:09 AM.
R
stranger
stranger
R
i have no clue how to do any of this, i just really need bigger fonts, especially on the mob info(when u press CTRL over an enemy) would really appreciate the help,

enthusiast
enthusiast
There is a step by step tutorial just few posts above... we can't just redistribute the game.pak as mod.. Unless Larian gives us permission

Personally, I think Verdana BOLD is the better choice ;p

Ps.: Image uploads, imgur.com

Last edited by eRe4s3r; 11/07/14 03:28 AM.
stranger
stranger
I'm glad I'm not the only one having issues with the font.

I recently purchased the game and it is completely unplayable for me due to the font size. I am a visually impaired gamer who plays modern PC games with little to no issue but the font in Divinity: OS is so small throughout the game, I am unable to play it. :[

I don't mean to derail this thread, but just wanted to add my issues with the others. I may make a separate thread for this.

stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Very helpful Horrorscope, thanks!

stranger
OP Offline
stranger
mmm, sadly it still not working. I did everything you said, but it still crashes. Strange thing is that repacked .pak file is twice bigger then original file. x)

[Linked Image]

Last edited by elkasei.imunitas; 11/07/14 02:41 PM.
stranger
stranger
Thanks for the guide on how to change the font laugh

My eyes are saved smile

[Linked Image]

Last edited by SieB; 11/07/14 03:11 PM.
stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by elkasei.imunitas
mmm, sadly it still not working. I did everything you said, but it still crashes. Strange thing is that repacked .pak file is twice bigger then original file. x

The "source paths" should be the "public" folder

so instead of

D:\soubory\game files\game unpack

it should be

D:\soubory\game files\game unpack\public

Also it is \ not / smile

Last edited by SieB; 11/07/14 02:58 PM.
old hand
old hand
Also to note the repack could be larger if you don't choose compression, see left-center drop down. I run uncompressed for that additional .001 FPS! smile

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard