Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
R
Rhidian Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
R
Amongst all of the changes included in Patch v1.0.72 (whose thread is visible in General forum), a few pop out that might have some relevance on modding:

Originally Posted by Lar_q

- Save games are packed and compressed now
Divinity Engine Toolkit
- Fixed stability issues in certain preview panels
- Fixed uploading to the Steam workshop
- Fixed issues when trying to mod the story files

(quote shortened considerably for brevity)

The updates are still downloading for me, so has anyone been able to check out these new changes yet?

A
stranger
stranger
A
It seems many mods overriding textures are no longer working since the patch.

The file "Textures.pak" was indeed updated and the way it has been compressed is now no longer compatible with the latest version of Norbyte's LS Tools. Because of that, I couldn't check what had changed in the structure of the .pak file.

N
addict
addict
N
LS Tools was updated to support v9 packages and the new compressed savegame format, just redownload from the usual URL:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/32263228/lstools.zip

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Alyoshenka
It seems many mods overriding textures are no longer working since the patch.

The file "Textures.pak" was indeed updated and the way it has been compressed is now no longer compatible with the latest version of Norbyte's LS Tools. Because of that, I couldn't check what had changed in the structure of the .pak file.

Good news is it appears to just be a bug with the new pak file format, not some bizarre attempt by Larian to censor custom pak files (which would have been a shame because this method of modding is currently necessary for far more things than just armor models).

I confirm its a bug because my copy of the game is just horribly confused now, as you can see in these screenshots:

http://i.imgur.com/hqKKVSB.png
http://i.imgur.com/H08q3sl.png
http://i.imgur.com/YKmXKUx.png

Those are all screenshots of the newest version of the game. Each was taken from a different bootup. Notice its completely random which parts of my mod work and which don't with each bootup.

Hopefully this will be resolved once Norbyte or someone else cracks the new pak format. In the meantime I'll be running some tests of my own.

EDIT:

Originally Posted by Norbyte
LS Tools was updated to support v9 packages and the new compressed savegame format, just redownload from the usual URL:

Ohhhh.... you're good cheer Must test new format...

Last edited by MrEsturk; 15/07/14 08:35 PM.
A
stranger
stranger
A

Thanks a lot for that quick update!

I managed to unpack the new v9 packages, but my mods are still not working (I have tried repackaging them with the updated version of LS Tools).

Have the priorities changed regarding texture overriding?

R
Rhidian Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
R
Steam Workshop is probably the biggest thing for the modding scene with this patch. I have managed to successfully upload my Unbreakable Lockpicks mod to the Workshop smile

Unfortunately the 1 mod per gamesave restriction appears to still be in place, which makes the compressed game-saves a big concern for us trying to use multiple mods at once. Sure, we can unpack the compressed save and whatnot, but we shouldn't be having to go the extra mile to get mods working together.

Originally Posted by Rhidian
Steam Workshop is probably the biggest thing for the modding scene with this patch. I have managed to successfully upload my Unbreakable Lockpicks mod to the Workshop smile

Unfortunately the 1 mod per gamesave restriction appears to still be in place, which makes the compressed game-saves a big concern for us trying to use multiple mods at once. Sure, we can unpack the compressed save and whatnot, but we shouldn't be having to go the extra mile to get mods working together.

Agreed, it is going to suck very hard.

I hope Larian removes these restrictions soon.

On an off-topic note, I seem to have issues downloading your lockpick mod. Tried cleaning out Steam, etc.

V
apprentice
apprentice
V
Originally Posted by Tiaexz
On an off-topic note, I seem to have issues downloading your lockpick mod. Tried cleaning out Steam, etc.

same for me, cleaned every old mod etc before but nothing shows up.

R
Rhidian Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
R
I think it should be showing up in the Documents/Larian Studios/Mods/ folder...

Edit: Or not. Chances are I probably did something wrong since this is my first time uploading a mod to Workshop

Edit #2: Or the Workshop isn't working properly, since I don't seem to be able to download other mods either.

Last edited by Rhidian; 16/07/14 01:16 AM.
I managed to download my own mod from the Workshop, and it is in 'my documents'. Would be a worrying sign if it isn't doing so great... Went to check on it now, and all the comments are missing from the workshop item.

This may require some detective work. Seems like someone is messing around on the Steam/Larian end of things.

Last edited by Tiaexz; 16/07/14 01:35 AM.
V
apprentice
apprentice
V
I don't mind smile thanks to your pretty decent explanation at 'how-it-is-done' I just re-created it on my own and its working.
I don't care about the skillbooks, since I was about to do a new game anyway due to some mistakes I made and hopefully won't need to reset my talents.

Last edited by valky; 16/07/14 01:34 AM.
journeyman
journeyman
I'd like to make a small request to all mod makers, please don't just upload your mods to the Steam Workshop. Some of us don't use Steam.

So please, continue to upload mods to an external site (Nexus maybe) AND Steam. Don't forget those of us who use the GOG version smile

R
Rhidian Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
R
Meh, I'm just going to delete it from the Workshop until they either fix whatever issue it is or release a video showing what we're supposed to do so that the mod is downloadable. As it is right now, only the Cow Simulator gets downloaded/used by the game from the Workshop.

Rhidian, there is a solution to the issue.

Issues downloading the mod? Try this: (thanks to seraJard):
if you can't find this mod in your mod directory after downloaded, you should find your downloaded mod file in this location.

Dir~\Steam\userdata\

Search for: '4_player_mode*.pak' then you will get its location.
Move this file to the '~\Documents\Larian Studios\Divinity Original Sin\Mods'

Added on my mod subscription page.

R
Rhidian Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
R
So that's where they are being downloaded to? You would think that our mods would get equal treatment by the game as with the Cow Simulator mod. We shouldn't have to perform extra steps to get it working.

Originally Posted by Rhidian
So that's where they are being downloaded to? You would think that our mods would get equal treatment by the game as with the Cow Simulator mod. We shouldn't have to perform extra steps to get it working.

Agreed.

apprentice
apprentice
This currently makes no sense. I hope it's an error on Larian's part.
Having to manually move the file to the proper directory after being downloaded defeats the whole purpose of having a 'mod hub'(workshop).

A
stranger
stranger
A
Has anyone managed to make texture override mods work again since new patch?

N
addict
addict
N
Which ones don't work for you? I've created a .pak to replace icons.dds and its working.

A
stranger
stranger
A
Which ones don't work for you? I've created a .pak to replace icons.dds and its working.

I've created a .pak containing several .dds files from Public\Main\Assets\Textures\Characters\Player (I included the folder structure), but the generic textures still show up in game.

The same .pak was working before the patch, and many other people are also reporting texture override mods no longer work for them either.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard