Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
V
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
V
As of latest patch they have changed how the games saves the files they are now compressed so the global.lsb file is not accessible.

Old saves pre-patch can still be modified, any new saves however cannot.

I had this issue when I went to respec my warrior character into Tenebrium weapon skill to find out that I have lost the Whirlwind skill forever.

Seems like as other people have mentioned the only way to acquire the skill is through dust devil from character creation or through the hand placed Whirlwind Skill book in that basement. I looked everywhere reloading saves at vendor repeatedly never appeared phoenix dive is very rare but it does appear on vendors whirlwind however doesn't.

I got around this problem by editing my save file and this took a while and its a very tedious process.

You need to download Norbyte's unpacking tool found here:

http://www.larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=505777

• First respec make sure the character relearns at least one skill any skill and save inside the Homestead (this makes it easier to find the character).
  • Find the save folder in my document -> Larian studios -> divinity -> Playerprofiles -> [profile Name] -> Savegames.
  • backup the save folder in case you screw up.
  • open Norbytes unpack tool.
  • Click file open LSB/LSX go to the save folder and open Globals.lsb.
  • click the arrow next to characters, then characterfactory, then characters, click on the first listing.
  • the screen the the right will have a property labeled "Level" with a value like "CYS_BlackCove" or "Cyseal".
  • this is the tedious part start scrolling (use arrow keys) down the list until you find a value "Homestead".
  • click on the arrow and if you see "Player Data" and a long list of "Registered Trigger" you have found one of your characters.
  • scroll down until you find "Skill Manager" expand the arrow look at the skill(s) by scrolling down if you should be able to identify the character by the single skill present.
  • if it isn't the character repeat the above process until you find it.
  • when you have found the character that needs whirlwind in the expanded "SkillManger" tree right click on Skills" and select clone node do the same with a "TimeItemAddedToSkillManager".
  • The Cloned node should appear at the bottom of the "SkillManger" tree
  • Click on the Cloned "Skills" on the right screen Change the MapKey Value to Shout_Whirlwind.
  • next select the cloned "TimeItemAddedToSkillManager" and change the mapkey value again to Shout_Whilwind change the mapValue to 48331.00.
  • go to file and save and overwrite the globals.lsb in the save folder and load the game and you should now have Whirlwind in the character's skill list.
  • alternatively you can have Shout_WhirlwindStart and mapvalue 6974.00 for Dust Devil.

Last edited by VikCachat; 16/07/14 01:41 PM.
journeyman
journeyman
Brilliant! I've been wondering how to edit my save games. Excellent guide VikCachat. I'd like to see it uploaded to one of the wiki's or something, cause I'm afraid it'll get lost on the forum (and we are so much in need of guides).

Well done!

V
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
V
im sure some one will come up with something eaiser, this is a real rough way of editing the files a lot of trial an error.

Like I found where you can edit the attributes, abilities but they are not labeled so you won't know what you have modified until you load the game up. Talents are real confusing easier just to remove them all and add points to spend. I'll write up how to do this soon.

other skills can be added the same way as I have listed above you just have to got digging through the saves to find the mapkey value. I'm not sure if the time added to Manger number is needed excatly as i have put above could be any number I just got those values from an early save, need to experiment more.

Last edited by VikCachat; 16/07/14 06:26 AM.
V
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
V
As of latest patch they have changed how the games saves the files they are now compressed so the global.lsb file is not accessible.

Last edited by VikCachat; 16/07/14 01:40 PM.
T
stranger
stranger
T
Do you know what the values are for Barrage (the marksmen skill)?

V
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
V
Originally Posted by Tenacious D

I'm sorry none of my characters ever had this skill, and because of the patch I cannot look for it.

You will have to follow the above process on an old save where you still have barrage skill and find your character to get the value.

Then modify the save without the skill.

Last edited by VikCachat; 16/07/14 08:27 PM.
apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by VikCachat

So they prevent us from fixing their bugs ourselves and aren't fixing them ASAP as well frown

R
addict
addict
R
The way you could probably do something like this outside of save-game editing is by making a mod that creates a custom recipe so that a Whirlwind Skillbook comes out of using two common items together.

The way I would do it would be to make a common item like the Identifying Glass teach the skill I want when it is used

Last edited by Rhidian; 19/07/14 04:17 PM.
V
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
V
Originally Posted by Wayward

So they prevent us from fixing their bugs ourselves and aren't fixing them ASAP as well frown

Save files have changed again they are now uncompressed so you can now access the globals.lsb file and edit the saves same as before.

If the unpacking tool errors out trying to load the save you need to download the latest version using the same link above.

Last edited by VikCachat; 20/07/14 03:13 PM.
V
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
V
I cannot edit my OP for some reason but the red text is inaccurate save files can be editing again following the process listed in the OP.

Norbyte has updated the LS tools program and it now has a characters tab where you can edit the characters stats directly much easier and less tedious way then how I was doing it.

However there is no option to modify skills in this tab as of yet.

Last edited by VikCachat; 21/07/14 01:43 AM.
V
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
V
Originally Posted by Tenacious D

The Map key value for barrage is: Projectile_Multishot

The Map value number doesn't seem to matter as long as there is a value so just leave the cloned value.

Does anyone know the Map Key value for the Midnight Oil spell (starting Geomancer spell)?

EDIT: well never you mind, it's Target_TargetedOilSurface.

EDIT 2: Some notes - hopefully useful.

1. The latest version of LSTOOLS will give you the GUID (long alphanumeric number) of your characters, you can see it on the Character tab. This should help you somewhat to identify which character in Homestead is yours and you want to edit.

2. You don't have to respec if you don't want to. If you don't want to respec, before cloning the TimeItemAddedToSkillManager node, look through the existing TimeItemAddedToSkillManager nodes - the skill you are trying to add may already be there.

3. DO NOT use the latest LSTOOL's "Save All Changes" button on the character tab, it will overwrite your edits. Just save Globals.lsb from the File menu, overwriting the existing one.

4. Skill key names can be (tediously) extracted from SkillData.xlsm under ...\Divinity Original Sin\Main\Public\Main\Stats and SkillData.txt under ...\Divinity Original Sin\Main\Public\Main\Stats\Generated. The name you want to use is in SkillData.txt, but the description in the XLSM might help you find the right entry. To get these files, you need to unpack Main.pak.

Good luck. This sure as hell saved me the necessity to restart and/or play with characters I hated until I could respec.

"We shall not fear the coming of the shadow of death."
N
addict
addict
N
Originally Posted by Damar Stiehl
3. DO NOT use the latest LSTOOL's "Save All Changes" button on the character tab, it will overwrite your edits. Just save Globals.lsb from the File menu, overwriting the existing one.

You can use that button, just make sure to do all the changes you want on the character tab and press it *before* editing your skills, otherwise rewrite the character node.

However there is no option to modify skills in this tab as of yet.

Skills are coming Soon (TM)

Originally Posted by Norbyte

You can use that button, just make sure to do all the changes you want on the character tab and press it *before* editing your skills, otherwise rewrite the character node.

Sorry, I phrased it badly. What I meant to say was "Do not use "save all changes" button AFTER editing skills". You're right of course.

Thanks for the tool, it is amazing. One thing to note: I wasn't able to unpack Textures_2 and Textures_3 pak files, the editor complained of version mismatch (expected 7, found 9).

Last edited by Damar Stiehl; 21/07/14 02:53 PM.

"We shall not fear the coming of the shadow of death."
M
stranger
stranger
M
A value for Lava Core would be awesome!

R
addict
addict
R
Originally Posted by MMOtte
A value for Lava Core would be awesome!

"Path_CreateLava"

M
stranger
stranger
M
Ah thank you. I tried digging into the templates in the editor, and the closest I got was the name "Fire_CreateLava" from the "BOOK_Skill_Fire_CreateLava" template.

R
addict
addict
R
You need to be looking at the skill IDs (or the SkillData.txt if outside the Editor). When you select a Skillbook or Scroll in the editor, go to the "OnUseActions" (or something similiar), click the "..." to edit it, and then you can see all of the Skill IDs in the dropdown box next to SkillID.

C
stranger
stranger
C
This topic is quite relevant to my interests. Hope this gets addressed soon.

R
apprentice
apprentice
R
... Have you tried the solution posted earlier in this thread? It seems as if most peoples questions have been answered. what do you still need answered.

Link Copied to Clipboard