Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
R
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
R
While explaining to someone why this was impossible, I accidentally created a mod that allows you customize four characters by putting an extra character creation screen in front of the normal one.

You can download it here:
http://www.nexusmods.com/divinityoriginalsin/mods/21/?

I also changed the game to allow four players to connect in multiplayer, but I haven't tested to see if this works yet. If you manage to get this working with more than 2 people, posting your experiences would help greatly.

Anyway, hopefully someone will enjoy this mod. Please report any issues you have in this thread. I suspect this is going to break a lot of things.

journeyman
journeyman
Very nice work!

stranger
stranger
You should team up with Tiaexz, who is trying to do exactly this, but with more optimizations for 4 player mode.

http://www.larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=520328&page=1

Last edited by Mace; 24/07/14 09:26 AM.
I think in that really weird way, roguelike was refering to this post of mine when he says he wanted to explain why this is impossible -
http://www.larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=526228#Post526228

What is really weird is how this mod works, it is simply having an engage script before all the number scripts kick in. This is different to me where I have edited _Start and CYS_General as part of getting 4 players involved. I am currently reverse enginneering the main aspect of the mod to implement it into mine. (___mod script and global triggers)

Since Roguelike hasn't given a name for this method of it, I will coin it "Roguelikes 2-by-2 Solution" since it would allow multiples of two to go through the creation process.

R
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
R
Yeah, Tiaexz, I was putting together a response as to why even the 2+2 method wouldn't work and I then I figured out that you can trigger character creation GUI again by adding characters that haven't been through it before and then saving.

Right now the two new players use player scripts and not henchmen scripts which means they can initiate dialog and trade, but the game obviously wasn't designed for 4 players so I don't know how stable that be.

Putting the all the logic in startup script allows you to mod the main game without touching any of the scripts. I'm not sure what exactly triggers the 'this mod is corrupt and can't be played online' warning, but I wanted to avoid that.

stranger
stranger
Roguelike, would it also be possible to simply do a 3 person version instead? Meaning just doing a 2+1 instead of 2+2?

If yes, is there an easy way to go about doing this?

EDIT: Nevermind, I figured out a way to do it.

Last edited by Mace; 25/07/14 12:23 PM.
D
stranger
stranger
D
Originally Posted by Mace
Roguelike, would it also be possible to simply do a 3 person version instead? Meaning just doing a 2+1 instead of 2+2?

If yes, is there an easy way to go about doing this?

EDIT: Nevermind, I figured out a way to do it.

You are the worst kind of person... Can anyone explain how this is done?

D
stranger
stranger
D
I've been trying it out with 3 friends of mine, and it has been great, really great. A few times the game crashed when we would do event-triggering things while others were in dialogue.

However... the one who hosted the game lost his HD, so now we try to start over again - and the game seems to crash every time we get to the 3rd or 4th person logging in, or someone casting a spell 0_O. It seems random. :S.

Also, after you have these characters created - how do you play the main campaign with your 3 friends?

Last edited by Daize; 30/01/15 03:57 AM.

Link Copied to Clipboard