Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Tiaexz #527118 25/07/14 06:43 AM
M
M
The issue is that while I can load "manually"... the f8 key doesn't seem to function... and when it does it crashes the game.

Tiaexz #527144 25/07/14 07:53 AM
stranger
stranger
Making progress I see! Very nice smile

Originally Posted by Tiaexz
You could leave number four in the towns marketplace. Use it to sell/buy stuff whilst you and your friends adventure. Spend its points in barter/charm.

While I do love the option of being able to create my own character, I'd actually rather be able to use the old mod, but with the modifications that enable Jahan to trigger scripts/not die when the rest of the party does. If you have that mod lying around, it would be nice if you could upload it. The reason for this is the 4th person, really annoys me, and I can always just customize Jahan through some fiddling with code.

Perhaps it would be possible to add the option of talking to the 3rd and 4th player, and leaving them behind at the inn, much like you do with other hencemen? Or simply remove 1 character from the character creation screen?

Will it be possible to use the mod, and not start a new game when you release future updates?

EDIT: I managed to get the mod working with 3 players, and only 3 in the character creation screen as well. Everything works as it does in Tiaexz's mod. I'll keep it for my own use for now, I'll post it here if Tiaexz approves the mod. All credit goes to him of course.

Last edited by Mace; 25/07/14 01:59 PM.
Mr. C #527401 25/07/14 03:02 PM
Tiaexz Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally Posted by Mr. C
The issue is that while I can load "manually"... the f8 key doesn't seem to function... and when it does it crashes the game.

Just tried this now. Pressed 'f5' (quick save works) pressed 'f8' and it loaded (so that worked too).

Tiaexz #527562 25/07/14 06:38 PM
enthusiast
enthusiast
This looks awesome.

Is there any way to combine this with other existing mods - faster speed, persistent spellbooks, etc.?

Or is it pretty much one or the other for now?

Tiaexz Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally Posted by PeteNewell
This looks awesome.

Is there any way to combine this with other existing mods - faster speed, persistent spellbooks, etc.?

Or is it pretty much one or the other for now?

The is a thread is explains on how to combine mods. Feel free to do it for personal usage.

Tiaexz #527596 25/07/14 07:38 PM
Tiaexz Offline OP
OP Offline
I am going to boot up an Open game now in the Lobby. If you want to have a quick play session with me for testing purposes, please join.

Tiaexz #527598 25/07/14 07:45 PM
M
M

Just tried this now. Pressed 'f5' (quick save works) pressed 'f8' and it loaded (so that worked too).

Well holy shit it did. It must've been something unrelated to your mod. I apologize.

Mr. C #527603 25/07/14 07:54 PM
Tiaexz Offline OP
OP Offline

Well holy shit it did. It must've been something unrelated to your mod. I apologize.

Some others are reporting it too. It might be related to 4 people being online using it or something. I don't know/unsure. I don't even touch the quick-save/quick-load function, so it should simply work as normal.

Tiaexz #527604 25/07/14 08:04 PM
Tiaexz Offline OP
OP Offline
Known Issue:
Picking the same gender can cause character creation to throw a hissyfit.

Tiaexz #527667 26/07/14 12:34 AM
enthusiast
enthusiast
There is a thread is explains on how to combine mods. Feel free to do it for personal usage.

So there is. My bad. Combines a treat with everything else I'm using.

Thanks.

stranger
stranger
Turning the mod into 3 player mod instead of 4 player:

1. Download first part of mod

2. Place it in your documents mod folder like any other mod.

3. Download second part of mod

4. Place it in [your Divinity Original Sin]/data/mods folder, if you don't have this create it.

This will disable the fourth Source Hunter, both in the character creation screen, and ingame.

I'm not really comfortable with modding, hence the akward way of installing it. Maybe it works without the second part of the mod. All credit goes to Tiaexz, I only deleted a couple of things.

Last edited by Mace; 27/07/14 05:19 PM.
A
stranger
stranger
A
Issue: Losing my additional attributes, talents, and abilities.
Area: General
Explanation: We re-loaded our game and two of the characters, not exactly the 3rd and 4th players, had base stats and no abilities or talents.

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Arainai
Issue: Losing my additional attributes, talents, and abilities.
Area: General
Explanation: We re-loaded our game and two of the characters, not exactly the 3rd and 4th players, had base stats and no abilities or talents.

I don't think this is related to the mod, you might wanna check out this: http://www.larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=526196#Post526196

Tiaexz Offline OP
OP Offline
It can also be linked to 'same gender' issue I reported. When it happened though, it seemed like spells didn't unlearn though, which is handy, as respending points only took a moment to fix.

Tiaexz Offline OP
OP Offline
Saving Issue:

It seems a few are having a saving issue, I am not totally sure of the circumstances but the mod doesn't actually change anything related to the code, so this maybe an issue with the game itself.

Is it because players 3 and 4 are triggering story elements? Is it because you are on online-multiplayer? Try to recreate a log of details which led to the point where it simply stops.

If you also played roguelikes version, is the same issue happening in his?

A
stranger
stranger
A
Hi Tiaexz

I thought i'd give a log of what happens a go to see if its useful. I have started new games with the mod activated, i have customised the characters and when the game has started tried to save as soon as the game starts on the beach. But when you type in the name for a new save it doesn't do anything when you press ok, the ok/cancel message remains though. If i try to load another game from here there is just a blank screen, then load screen doesn't happen.

If i try to overwrite an existing save it will ask if its ok, i press yes, the ok/cancel box disappears but there is no save. Again, quick save and quick load won't work.I have played up to Cyseal centre and it wouldn't save there either.

I have tried this with just whatever default characters the game sets (as in i didn't customise them at all) and the same happens.
I have also tried this in both Single Player and Multiplayer and tried saving as all four players selected. it is the same result.

However, with the mod deactivated and the game just running normally the saving/loading worked.

Hopefully this was useful and not just a waste of ten mins of your life!

Cheers

A
stranger
stranger
A
i forgot, i also tried rougelikes version but i couldn't not get past the 2nd character creation stage. The camera just floated there and nothing came up to change them.

Tiaexz Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks Andy,

I just followed the steps you gave me.
- Created a new game (sp)(mod activated)
- Customized the characters and their names
- Quicked Saved and Normal Saved (both worked)
- Quick loaded.(worked)

I am unable to replicate the issue this way.

I have a theory why it might not be working when other people are in the game (it thinks Player 1 is Player 3) and I will change the script, but this shouldn't affect singleplayer.

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Mace
Turning the mod into 3 player mod instead of 4 player:

1. Download first part of mod

2. Place it in your documents mod folder like any other mod.

3. Download second part of mod

4. Place it in [your Divinity Original Sin]/data/mod folder, if you don't have this create it.

This will disable the fourth Source Hunter, both in the character creation screen, and ingame.

I'm not really comfortable with modding, hence the akward way of installing it. Maybe it works without the second part of the mod. All credit goes to Tiaexz, I only deleted a couple of things.

ok i placed the 1st mod in documents mod folder and the other in data mod folder .

need i to place the FourPlay_0408f311-0e53-4ec1-82de-e34b229936b6 folder or the Globals & levels inside it?

tried both ways and seems not working.

anyways i'm trying to redo the process and i will tell you if it works.

***i think the folder should be "mods" instead of "mod" (the steam/divinty/data one) because now it's working (a little crash at char creation for my buddy but worked afterwars).

Last edited by radament; 27/07/14 04:53 PM.
stranger
stranger
You're completely right. My mistake, the folder should be named "mods", and not "mod". I've changed my message.

Glad to see you got it working nonetheless.

Last edited by Mace; 27/07/14 05:25 PM.
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard