Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#539594 08/08/14 10:43 AM
Lar_q Offline OP
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Hello everybody!

We had a small holiday to recuperate from the release but are back now and are going to continue with updating and improving Divinity:Original Sin.

Expect new companions, plenty of quality of life improvements (in the game at least wink ) and more from us in the coming weeks.

Today's update includes a number of fixes and also introduces UI scaling.

Just go to options/game and use the UI scaling slader if you the user interface is too small/large for you.

Here is the list of other changes:

Introduced UI scaling
Fixed translations of the journal, level names and secrets
Fix for corrupted packed files
Fixed the modding menu
Fixed Henchman XP issue when hiring
Fixed status icons being empty when a character is charmed
Fixed issues when characters stopped following each other
Fixed crash when closing trade before icons are loaded
Fixed invulnerable status of death knights being reapplied after save/load
Minimap moved back to top layer
Fixed rare crash when resurrecting
Fixed Henchmen changing visual after save/load
Fixed race condition with cooperative dialogs
Improved memory footprint on win32
Fixed enemy portrait targeting with special arrows

Editor fixes

AI grid generation fix
It's now easier to add new scripts
Fixed a number of crashes
Improved error reporting when there's an issue with file copying
Remove Perforce status icons if you don't have perforce

Have fun!

Lar_q #539603 08/08/14 11:05 AM
enthusiast
enthusiast
Sure, game breaking bugs are a higher priority, but a lot of gamers were hoping to see some balancing changes as well.
Guess I just have to delay my next playthrough for a bit.

Last edited by eidolon; 08/08/14 11:06 AM.
eidolon #539606 08/08/14 11:11 AM
O
stranger
stranger
O
Originally Posted by eidolon
Sure, game breaking bugs are a higher priority, but a lot of gamers were hoping to see some balancing changes as well.

Did they ever make coop dialogue work better so that the person who did not initiate the conversation can still see what's going on? That's all I'd really bother waiting for (my coop partner isn't ready to do DOS for a while yet any way so waiting is no biggie lol).

Lar_q #539627 08/08/14 11:32 AM
Thanks Larian

OJ they have tweeted that they are doing some changes to the co-op dialog stuff. No idea what though.

Lar_q #539629 08/08/14 11:38 AM
enthusiast
enthusiast
Awesome. Thanks!

Lar_q #539652 08/08/14 12:09 PM
journeyman
journeyman
Looking forward to future updates, that will surely also lay the foundations for even better and more successful expansions and new games.

Particularly I would like to see AI improvements (esp. making it consider immunities when selecting targets and ignoring or deprioritizing summons), and please make Hard mode increase monsters' initiative too.

Also if you're hesitant about things that affect balance, you should consider Beta Patches, it's a great tool.

Lar_q #539660 08/08/14 12:35 PM
D
enthusiast
enthusiast
D
Thanks for the patch, Larian, you guys rock.

I too, am looking forward to some balancing.

Lar_q #539663 08/08/14 12:41 PM
A
stranger
stranger
A
Lar Q,

does the Homestead Doors not opening bug fixed?

I am stucked ingame waiting to thos fix.

Lar_q #539695 08/08/14 02:23 PM
R
stranger
stranger
R
Hi there, new forum member here. I have been playing this game cross'platform' with a friend for a while now. I downloaded it on GOG.com and she's on steam.
The game is patched on steam but there isn't a patch out on Gog.com yet.
We can't play now. Anything we can do?

Lar_q #539696 08/08/14 02:24 PM
journeyman
journeyman
Fixes are always welcome! Btw, I have hired my both henchman at level 3 (they were level 1) but they didn't get the corresponding attribute to level 2. I guess it will be permanent and there is nothing I can do about it, right?

Lar_q #539739 08/08/14 04:15 PM
apprentice
apprentice
It's great to see the game getting bugs fixed and also the extra content that seems to be on the way. I really like what Larian is doing. This game feels so much like Baldur's Gate/Dragon Age:Origins. Keep the patches coming! smile

Lar_q #539761 08/08/14 04:56 PM
A
addict
addict
A
Awesome. Love the UI scaling!

Lar_q #539786 08/08/14 06:34 PM
K
stranger
stranger
K
Thank you!

Lar_q #539797 08/08/14 07:10 PM
old hand
old hand
I noticed that the editor download from GOG.com is still the same number (2.2.0.9). The game patch seems to be up though.

Lar_q #539806 08/08/14 07:27 PM
enthusiast
enthusiast
scalable ui! f*** yeah smile

Now I can make finally good use of my combat text log

Love u Larian!

"Dwelfusius | Were-axlotl of Original Sin"

Hardcorus RPGus PCus Extremus
eidolon #539914 09/08/14 12:46 AM
old hand
old hand

You got that right. This game has turned into a complete waste of time on "Normal" difficulty and even on Easy some of the battles are hard to get threw. After Cyseal, the game balancing just went to shit. My disappointment is rather huge.

Even on easy, I need to summon a few monsters to surround a target so that my chance of melee or ranged hit is 80% or better. This is a game where unless your nothing but all mages, it is just too difficult. Need to know your terrain and predict what the enemy will do to counter it. Not to mention all the wasted turns with just re-healing and buffing.

Every time there I run into trouble on the road, there is always a dwarf at the bottom of it. Don't they know how to drive above ground?
B
apprentice
apprentice
B
Originally Posted by LightningLockey

You got that right. This game has turned into a complete waste of time on "Normal" difficulty and even on Easy some of the battles are hard to get threw. After Cyseal, the game balancing just went to shit. My disappointment is rather huge.

Even on easy, I need to summon a few monsters to surround a target so that my chance of melee or ranged hit is 80% or better. This is a game where unless your nothing but all mages, it is just too difficult. Need to know your terrain and predict what the enemy will do to counter it. Not to mention all the wasted turns with just re-healing and buffing.

No, you're doing it wrong. Use mages to buff and prot melee, that's when you really rape your foes.

That said, I'm very annoyed they didn't do anything about the vendors. Current state of the game where you can get to level 15 without having found essential skillbooks like Whirlwind one single time is just too much.- And the constant vendor checking every single level as well.

Lar_q #540000 09/08/14 04:10 AM
journeyman
journeyman
Wonderful! I've been waiting for a Windows 32 fix.

As for 'game balancing' I'm actually rather relieved to see they've left it alone and just concentrated on fixing the bugs.

I know some people don't like Leech and some of the other talents, but some of us do like them. So I hope Larian just continue to focus on bug fixing and leave everything else up to the modding community (who are unbelievably talented and awesome) smile

Lar_q #540186 09/08/14 05:38 AM
A
stranger
stranger
A
shovels have no name still havent fixed

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by BlackMarch
No, you're doing it wrong. Use mages to buff and prot melee, that's when you really rape your foes.

This word "rape" that you use.

I do not think it means what you think it means.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard