Page 2 of 2 1 2
R
Rhidian Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
R
Originally Posted by Kildars
Much thanks for your reply! But just in case allow me to get the details...
So I downloaded the FourPlay mod which is a pak, and it doesn't even require a folder. All I had to do was drop the pak into Data folder. In this case, all I still need to do is just follow your instructions to the letter, and not touch the pak itslef, or do I need to move the pak itself into the newly created folder?
Since you said the mod will not work with old save files, there isn't any way to see if the resist caps are working properly right out of the box is there?

The pak stays wherever you have it. You manually create the (empty) folders, drop in the txt from this mod, and that's it.

I said that the mod will not work with old save files unless save-game editing is done (the method of which I posted a few posts above).

That being said, if your save is already using FourPlay then you shouldn't even need to do that; just place the txt file into the empty folders you make for the mod and load up the game, and it should be in effect. If it is not, then that would hint towards MaxResistances being set at the start of the game.

S
apprentice
apprentice
S
Just wanted to say thanks, Rhidian, for putting out a simple fix so quickly, especially with your method of applying it to current savegames. Now I can finish my completionist playthrough.

G
apprentice
apprentice
G
I haven't been able to get this to work again. I dropped the Data files into the Main folder , and the meta.lsx in the Mods folder.

Not seeing any change in-game, my fire resist is still capped at 80% in my character sheet.

Anyone have any updates on this?

old hand
old hand
Here is what I would do.

PreReq: You have a mod already working with your save game. It not search how to mod in a mod to a current save.

1. Unpack Main.pak using LSTools.(Search Mod Forum for that) Main.pak in under the DOS folder\Data
2. Find Characters.xlsm once unpacked.
3. Edit in Excel.
4. Go to cell AG9 and make it whatever you like, by default it is now 80.
5. Save.
6. Open All.xlsm and Click Generate (Macro runs, wait until completed)
7. Find the file Characters.txt it generated.
8. Copy that to you Divinity Directory under \data\Public\YOUR MOD\Stats\Generated\Data (You may have to create "Stats\Generated\Data"
9. Characters.txt should now be in the Data subfolder
10. Start Game

You can make changes to big ticket items like Characters, SkillsData, Weapons, Shields, Potions, Armor, Objects to balance the game as you like. So things don't work in Coop with the joining person, most do, but some don't.

As you make changes, compile and copy to the Data folder, when you restart the game these new values kick in.

G
apprentice
apprentice
G
In step 6 you say Open All.xlsm.

Open it in what? With Excel?

Nevermind, opened it with Excel and to my surprise was a big Generate All button. 0_0

Ok, this worked perfectly, thanks much smile It's all fun for me again!

Last edited by Gel214th; 15/09/14 02:23 AM.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard