Next Thread
Print Thread
W
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
W
Hi,

I installed Dragon Knight Saga via WildTangent Games on to my PC and the game runs ok except for the fact that the graphics are very dodgy and there are loads of "black screens" if the resolution is anything higher than 800x600. Well I proceeded to look for the latest patch, which if I'm not mistaken is from this site, http://www.larian.com/dragonknightsaga_support.php, under "PC version-Patch 2". Now whenever I try to run this patch it tells me
"Unable to find previous installation of Divinity II - DKS. Please install the original game first." Well then I reinstalled the game and it's still telling me the same thing. so...help?

P.S. My PC runs on a 64-bit Windows 7 with very high graphics.

W
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
W
Anybody?

Support
Support

The WildTangent download may already be updated to the latest version. What is the version number listed in the bottom right corner of the main menu? The second patch has a game version of 1.4.9.70 (the version number remained the same with the Dragon Knight Saga DRM free patch).

There was no update to DKS after the DRM was removed, so if you never needed an activation key, it is already updated.
There were some minor fixes and changes in the Developer's Cut release of the game, as well as an optional Developer Mode cheat window added.

For Win7, try right clicking on the Divinity2.exe executable, selecting Properties and switching to the Compatibility tab, then disable visual themes and desktop composition. That has helped a few people with graphical problems.

Have you checked for updated drivers, etc?

W
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
W
Thank you Raze,

it turned out to be exactly as you said. The WildTangent download was already the latest patch and disabling the desktop composition as well as the visual themes fixed the graphics issue all in one. And my drivers were already updated anyway. Thanks for the help!

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard