Print Thread
B
Burgee Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
B
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyHXC7FgAyE&feature=youtu.be

Part two on the channel also discusses triggers for those interested.

old hand
old hand
Any particular reason why you teleported to a trigger instead of the exit directly?

I usually try the item first and as long as it doesn't mess with the camera just stick with that. On occasion I've had teleporting directly to an item put the character out of view. Then I'll make a trigger. Also if you are teleporting to a trigger I don't think you need the items to be global. So you could probably cut out a few steps on either side.

Along the same lines I don't think you actually need Itemsetcaninteract in the story editor for the "on use" to function. Unless there's some other scripting reason you want it. In the mod I'm working on I haven't done this yet and my teleports work fine. I simply set the "onuseactions" to teleport and reload the level(critical step). Then they work without scripting.

Overall I like your videos. Would have been very helpful when I was trying to figure this out on my own a few months ago.

B
Burgee Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
B
Hey thanks for the feedback. A few answers (or at least my logic)

When I teleported directly to the items, sometimes the player would land on the top of the item instead of in front of it, and it would look silly. This was especially common with the tomb entrances. I just went to using only triggers after that.

For the ItemSetCanInteract thing - I tested your method and you are correct. The scripting was my own work around, but your way is for sure easier. I never tried reloading the level, and I saw Roguelike get stuck at the same point HERE: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7UExcQhpALQ#t=3250

So I found my own way. Good info though, thanks. I'm just making videos as I learn things to try and spark the modding community, because it's dead from lack of support and documentation. Hopefully late-comers to the scene will find them useful - I definitely don't claim to be a pro or have all the "right ways" =)

Last edited by Burgee; 18/11/14 10:58 PM.
old hand
old hand
I bet you could use that call ItemSetCanInteract to make some fancier quest resolutions similar to Evelyn's cave.

I think you have to reload the level because it switches the object from "is scenery=true" to "is scenery=false". But that's just a guess.

Last edited by SniperHF; 18/11/14 11:24 PM.

Link Copied to Clipboard