Print Thread
#559613 08/12/14 01:19 AM
B
Burgee Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
B
Just wanted to share some pics of my main project: Erenshor. "Zombie Time" was a thing I threw together quick to take a break and stay fresh.

This is my real work of passion:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Feedback encouraged! The world will be about the size if Cysael, if a tad smaller.

Burgee #559615 08/12/14 01:45 AM
Looks really good so far. It's difficult to see all the details you've put into your areas because I can't maximize the images, but the layering and placeables look really good. I'm not certain what kind of feedback you're looking for. The only thing I noticed is that you don't seem to have atmospheric lighting in any of the areas, apart from the one in the last screenshot.

Burgee #559616 08/12/14 02:05 AM
B
Burgee Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
B
Lighting is in place, I just have it off in the editor to make things easier to see. The feed back I wanted is whatever people have to say. Sometimes I think things look good and other people immediately see flaws.

Thanks for the response

Burgee #559855 14/12/14 08:57 PM
old hand
old hand
Looks solid, but remember that what you see ingame is mostly that top down view. Taking screenshots ingame will make them look much better and give us more of an idea of what it actually looks like. Maybe one or two screenshots of angled shots, but mostly top-down ones. You often don't have to work on certain areas because players will never see them, so spend a lot of time in the ingame view to see what you should spend your time on (if you aren't doing that already.)

Burgee #559859 14/12/14 11:21 PM
B
Burgee Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
B
Yep good advice for sure. I learned the "player only sees so much" lesson on my last / practice mod. All of those shots are pretty much from player perspective angles, just a little less "top down".

Burgee #561566 19/01/15 03:55 AM
B
Burgee Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
B
Just an update on this:

I've been hard at work, with probably over 100 hours of editing, writing and scripting into this game.

-The main quest is up to about 4 hours long, with another 1-2 hours of sidequests in place. (Much more planned - including optional dungeons and fights.)
-There is a unique fast travel system (cooler than the main quest clicky item).
-Working Journal system
-Players should level from 1 to approximately level 10 or 11 during the course of the game
-Mapping is done except for a few dungeons with a play area slightly larger than Cysael.
-Multiple big decisions that will have resonating effects throughout the game.
-Unique scripted fights

Should be finished in the next 3-4 months. Stay tuned!

Last edited by Burgee; 19/01/15 03:56 AM.
Burgee #561568 19/01/15 04:00 AM
old hand
old hand
Cool! I was wondering how this was coming along. If you need a tester, let me know (though I'm of course working on my own mod, so can't guarantee a super detailed response, but I'll offer some thoughts.)

Burgee #561569 19/01/15 04:03 AM
journeyman
journeyman
Awesome sauce! I'm curious at the Unique scripted fights!
What kind of elements are you trying to put in?

Burgee #561571 19/01/15 04:49 AM
B
Burgee Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
B
Well I didn't play Divinity' campaign, so I don't know what's been done and what hasn't but for instance:

-One boss has an idol behind him, if you don't kill it, it levels up the boss every turn. (Basic).

-There's a "hive" type of fight that constantly spawns mobs if it's alive.

-There are other fights that have stages: Kill a giant zombie, in it's place spawns a giant skeleton with different skills, it it's place when it dies spawns a giant ghost with even more skills. etc.

Last edited by Burgee; 19/01/15 04:50 AM.
Burgee #561584 19/01/15 01:44 PM
old hand
old hand
Great to see that the hard work is paying off. Sounds good, I look forward to seeing it.

DOS2 Mods: Happily Emmie After and The Noisy Crypt

Steam Workshop
Nexus Mods
Burgee #561589 19/01/15 07:30 PM
journeyman
journeyman
Cool ideas Burgee!

Burgee #561592 19/01/15 09:14 PM
old hand
old hand
Wait, you haven't played the D:OS campaign yet? Or are you referring to older games?

The level-up boss sounds pretty hard to balance to me. Even a single level up is going to make the fight nearly impossible to win if the boss is any strong at first. Unless he starts a couple levels below you. Then you'd have three or four rounds to kill the idol. Or if killing the idol made the boss drop a level or two (or even reverse the leveling process entirely). Lots of opportunities for character text or even midcombat dialogs (if that's possible).

Burgee #564360 16/03/15 03:35 AM
B
Burgee Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
B
Looking to release this in about two months. Tentative Date: May 10th.

Main Quest is fully implemented - takes me somewhere between 3 and 4 hours to complete - depending on my party composition.

Adding in side quests for the next few weeks (shooting to add 3 a week). Mostly filler content, little bits of lore, and opportunities for the player to gain some XP and gear before continuing the main quest.

Cleaning up Dialog, adding more detail to the player journal and adding in some in-game books for people who are into reading stuff in games.

BALANCING COMBAT: Holy crap what a pain. It's such a hassle to test combat. I can't really find any efficient way to tweak late game fights and be able to go back and test them immediately. How are you guys doing this?

Also I need to figure out how to implement music, it's been a point I've been stuck on for a while.

WHAT TO EXPECT:

-Final products change during production. I do have a few fights that rely on scripting to change things up as they go. Nothing earth shattering, but some fun little twists.

-Two Endings: The decision that impacts endings is made at the very end of the game, but none-the-less, you've got options. Choices throughout the game have some resonating effects, but I wish I could have done more.

-Puzzles - one's pretty tricky!!

-A fast travel system similar but different than Divinity's.

-4 Hireable NPC companions, exchangeable for the others any time, and re-hireable if you so choose.

-Optional fights, bosses and quests: Lot's of freedom to go around and do things not related to the main story.

-Total Gameplay possibility: Approximately 8 hours.

WHAT I NEED:

One or two people to take a test run through the game and provide notes on combat difficulty, dialog errors, story plot holes, floating items and anything else. I guarantee I've missed bugs, though I've scripted as carefully as I've been able to.

I have an item that provides an on-use level up for debug purposes. If combat is too hard you'll be able to use it to make things easier, so no restarting over and over necessary.

Will be looking for testers in a month or so.

Last edited by Burgee; 16/03/15 03:36 AM.
Baardvark #564361 16/03/15 03:37 AM
B
Burgee Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
B
Originally Posted by Baardvark
Wait, you haven't played the D:OS campaign yet? Or are you referring to older games?

Haven't played D:OS campaign past level 7.

Burgee #564374 16/03/15 11:58 AM
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Burgee

BALANCING COMBAT: Holy crap what a pain. It's such a hassle to test combat. I can't really find any efficient way to tweak late game fights and be able to go back and test them immediately. How are you guys doing this?

My current plan is this is the absolute last thing I will be doing. Actually I have almost no combat at all right now despite having about 3 hours worth of quests you can do. I'm not sure if I'm going to start at level 1 or something higher. Where do your characters start?

Also I need to figure out how to implement music, it's been a point I've been stuck on for a while.

How do you want it implemented? The only way I know how to do it currently is the soundvolumeTriggers. But it does work reliably once you find tracks that work. I run into it on occasion where some playlists seem like legacy items and no longer work. There's a Playlist_Undead and a Playlist_UndeadNew. The former doesn't work.

If you are looking to play specific songs during a special dialog or something along those lines that's unknown to me.

WHAT I NEED:

One or two people to take a test run through the game and provide notes on combat difficulty, dialog errors, story plot holes, floating items and anything else. I guarantee I've missed bugs, though I've scripted as carefully as I've been able to.

Will be looking for testers in a month or so.

I'll gladly pitch in when the time comes.

Burgee #564842 26/03/15 11:57 PM
Could someone post a list of known music files that work?

Burgee #564843 27/03/15 12:04 AM
Or make a youtube video? (Is that being too hopeful...)

Burgee #565538 18/04/15 03:13 PM
B
Burgee Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
B
I need a tester - someone who doesn't mind some issues.

I had a buddy who was going to do it for me, and I sent him the game but he's not coming through for me.

The whole game is in place from start to final boss, but no ending is in yet.

My big concern is playability. I need someone to play into it as far as they are able and to take notes on difficulty the whole way through (it's all pretty easy for me at this point).

If you encounter a game-breaking bug, I'll fix it and send you the new mod at which point you should be able to use mooseEdit to fix your save and continue.

Let me know who's willing to take this on! I'm desperate to finish this before the weather finally turns nice and it just collects dust.

EDIT:

SniperHF will be testing for me, check back here soon for a more public test link once he's done picking apart my bugs!

Last edited by Burgee; 19/04/15 01:31 AM.

Link Copied to Clipboard