Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#559908 15/12/14 07:33 PM
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
I have been watching the editor videos and they are great but is there a general overview document for the editor? It is easier to flip through pages than go back to a video to look something up.

thanks

-Agent of Satan, but my duties are largely ceremonial.
old hand
old hand
http://www.divinityoriginalsin.com/download.php

Those four docs (and tutorials on this forum) are all we have. Hopefully more will show up soon.

Where can I download or find the templates that the documents refer to?

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by JecklynHyde
Where can I download or find the templates that the documents refer to?

Which ones specifically?

The excel files you can find by extracting MAIN with LStools.

old hand
old hand
I'm really surprised no one's ever pointed out that all the templates (for stats, scripts, alignment, and story goals) are in the Data/Editor/Templates folder of D:OS. Am I just lucky to have this or something? Everyone says: extract the game with LSTools to see the stats or alignment files, but I realized you don't have to do that at all; it's all there for us already.

Larian's Dialog.doc mentions that they provided a DualDialog.template, but didn't state where they hid it. As much as I like treasure hunts... actually I don't. But I checked through the Data/Editor/Templates section and found Dialogs.text under Story. Unfortunately I still can't find the DualDialog.template. Also, when I open up the files under Templates I get a bunch of script text mashed up together and it's difficult to read. Is there some special program I'm supposed to use to open it? The Editor? If so, how?

Sorry for all the noob questions. =_=*

Link Copied to Clipboard