Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Hiya everyone, new to the forums, relatively new to D:OS, and extremely excited about modding. One issue. I have a mac. It's a pretty good one, over 3gHz, 8GIG Ram, decent graphics card, etc... (If you need to know specific specs, let me know). If I ran parallels, boot camp, or some other partitioner on my computer to install windows 7/8 on my computer, do you think it would be able to run the Engine? Haven't tried it yet, and don't want to waste money on a nice program (boot camp or parallels) without knowing if it works. If anyone could reply, that'd be awesome! Thank you!

Support
Support

Bootcamp should work, since you would be booting into Win 7/8 running directly on your hardware. A few people played the Windows version of the beta using Bootcamp before there was a Mac version, or have tried the game under both.
Parallels, though, sets up a virtual machine, so has extra overhead, at least. I'm not sure how much of a performance hit that would be, or how good the video support is. It has a trial version.

stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Awesome, Thanks Raze! Super helpful!

Link Copied to Clipboard