Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#562096 30/01/15 08:37 AM
addict
OP Offline
addict
When they say they will give to the community the same modding tools the devs use, this is exactly true. You have to be one of the devs to decently mod the game.
claphands claphands claphands thankyou thankyou

Un chemin de 1000 lieues commence par un premier pas.

Project:
Steam workshop Frontiere
B
enthusiast
enthusiast
B
Not really understanding what you're getting at here. You don't like the toolkit? It's too hard to use?

Many of us are using it with no issue, the difference is we just took the time to learn instead of making posts like this.

R
addict
addict
R
Specific examples should be mentioned if you're going down the sarcasm route, such as the fact that we can't do anything to replace the effects of the Talents.

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Cromcrom
When they say they will give to the community the same modding tools the devs use, this is exactly true. You have to be one of the devs to decently mod the game.

I usually ignore these kind of comments because they bring nothing good out but I'll make an exception as you seem to be rather active on the forums. Why did you create this topic???

Is your lack of understanding the toolkit frustrating? Are you insinuating the modders are too dumb to use it? Are you trying to make Larian or the modders react?

I'm really curious as to why or what pushed you to open this topic.

veteran
veteran
Guess you haven't been on this forum long (registering time reinforces this);
Cromcrom has pretty much been trolling this forum from beta onwards...

journeyman
journeyman
Thanks for the info Hassat Hunter

addict
OP Offline
addict
Originally Posted by Baardvark
It'd be wizard if Larian (or some really smart, dedicated modder) would put out a fully functioning but contentless mod that's independent of main and has all the systems like attitude, alignments, thievery/vandalism reactions and stuff like that in the mod. Then they could have little tutorials that would be like, "add this character to this database to make him react to stealing; set this NPC to the this alignment and he'll react in certain ways when you attack him," etc. That would massively expedite the production of big mods like Of Doves and Demons because we wouldn't have figure all these systems out on our own.

Is your lack of understanding the toolkit frustrating?
Sort of.
Are you insinuating the modders are too dumb to use it?
Oh my god no.
Are you trying to make Larian or the modders react?
Modders reacted already.

I opened this thread out of total frustration about the Toolkit. I bought the game for the toolkit, on the premises I would get the very same tool the devs used to create the game. And this is exactly what I got.

Come on, something usable without having to reinvent the wheel ?

Un chemin de 1000 lieues commence par un premier pas.

Project:
Steam workshop Frontiere
K
journeyman
journeyman
K
It's pretty damn cool though.

Link Copied to Clipboard