Next Thread
Print Thread
B
Brinley Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
B
The Mod-Forum! That special place for those of us who just can't wait for updates to make our own changes.

I love this game so far, but there are a couple things I'd like to change luckily for every one of them I found a mod that should fix it! But alas, I've been unable to make a mod work, except one I subscribed to on Steam for 4 Player (thanks Tiaexz!)

Lets try a guide here.

It shouldn't be too hard, honestly, to toss one together. These would be the necessities:

[list]
[*]would include where to put .PAK and .LSB files so they'll all work

[*]What mod one would need (if necessary) to run multiple mods at a time)

That would be it. Would be great if images could be included.

In my particular situation, I'm trying to run the following mods:

-- [Main Campaign Mod] Infinite Use Skillbooks [Re: Rhidian]
http://www.larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=513435#Post513435

-- [Main Campaign Mod] Unbreakable Lockpicks [Re: Rhidian]
http://www.larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=512069#Post512069

-- [MOD]Modified Loot Tables|4 Player|Speed Boost [Re: Drethak]
http://www.larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=518612&gonew=1#UNREAD

in Modified Main by Rhidian:
http://www.larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=514372#Post514372

I just can't seem to get my wits around why it won't work, I've uploaded the Empty Modified Main Mod by Rhidian to the public file in this route:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Divinity - Original Sin\Data\Public

Exported Modified Main to \Data and \Public (having to merge the files) and it didn't work. I either only get the ONE mod I've loaded successfully (Simply 4 Player) or one called Modified Main, but no matter what I drop in the /RootTemplates file, .PAK or .LBL it has no affect on the game.

So my question here is, is it possible to make a slightly more in-depth guide, maybe with some screenies on installing this? Or is there another way to run multiple mods? I tried also loading the one that's in Steam's Community Workshop; by loading I mean hitting 'Subscribe' and watching while nothing happens. Even tried uninstalling steam and the game completely and re-installing, still have Simply 4 Player Mod and nothing else, even though I've unsubscribed from it.

I've been going through the forum posts all day on this and I just haven't found anything particularly easy to follow on it. Call me stupid, but it's been a lot of work and as much as I'm so thankful that these mods have been made, I know it's more to ask, but could a guide be made that has the data?

R
addict
addict
R
Alright, so I'm going to preface this by saying that .PAK files do not like to play nicely with other files. If you have two or more .PAK files, they won't merge well (unless you UnPAK one of them, which is outside the scope of this post).

So I'm just going to deal with the specific situation you've presented: Combining the 4-Player Modified Loot, my Unbreakable Lockpicks, and my Infinite Skillbooks mod.

You're going to want have the base mod be the one that is stored within a .PAK form, the 4-Player Modified Loot mod. Take that mod's .PAK file and put it into the Documents/Larian Studios/Divinity Original Sin/Mods/ folder like so-
[Linked Image]

Next head on over to your Divinity installation folder (most likely to be C:/Program Files(x86)/Steam/SteamApps/common/Divinity - Original Sin/ ), enter the Data/Public folder, and create the following folder-
[Linked Image]

Modified_Loot_82595cd0-b877-4525-bc90-2b0af6f157d4

Note that it is the folder name that the game recognizes as belonging to the Modified Loot mod.

Next go into that newly created folder and create a RootTemplates folder-
[Linked Image]

Inside that folder will be nothing, since you just created it.
[Linked Image]

Here is where you will place the RootTemplate files from the other two mods you're wanting to merge into this one-
[Linked Image]

At this point you can enter the game, enable the Modified Loot mod, and play it with all of the changes applying.

There would be a few additional steps for merging mods that use the Stats folder and/or Localization folder, but that's outside the scope of this post.

Edit:
The Steam Workshop downloads every mod besides the Cow Simulator into the Steam/userdata/ folder rather than the Documents/Larian studios/Divinity Original Sin/Mods/ folder, which is why subscribing to something on there will not work.

Last edited by Rhidian; 21/07/14 12:19 AM.
B
Brinley Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
B
I'm going to do this in a few minutes, but first I want to preface this with, even if it doesn't work, glancing at the amount of work you did to answer my question; I love you.

B
Brinley Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
B
Originally Posted by Rhidian

You're going to want have the base mod be the one that is stored within a .PAK form, the 4-Player Modified Loot mod.

How do you store it in a .PAK?
Is it a convereter? Is there software for this you can suggest?

R
addict
addict
R
Ideally the mod wouldn't be in a .PAK form. The reason I had the .PAK form in my post is because the download link provided in the 4-Player Modified Loot mod downloads in the .PAK form.

Last edited by Rhidian; 21/07/14 02:59 AM.
B
Brinley Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
B
[Edited out because it wasn't useful data]

Last edited by Brinley; 21/07/14 03:07 PM.
R
addict
addict
R
You're not needing to Unpack the 4-player mod though. I wrote my whole post without unpacking that thing.

If it's packed, then it needs to be in the Documents/Larian Studios/Divinity Original Sin/Mods/ folder
If it's not packed, it needs to be in the Divinity - Original Sin/Data/ folder

Because the 4-player modified loot mod comes as .packed, then it goes into the Documents filepath. Unpacking (in this case) is unnecessary.

Now, if you wanted to know what to do if you had an unpacked 4-player mod...

For reference, with an unpacked 4-player mod, there is no .pak file for that specific mod in the Documents filepath-
[Linked Image]

Instead, the unpacked 4-player mod's "Mod" file goes in the appropriate directory in the Divinity filepath-
[Linked Image]

And then the 4-player mod's "Public" RootTemplate folder would look like this with the other two mods merged in there-
[Linked Image]

Make note of the file paths displayed in the above pictures.

Edit: By the way, make sure my mod's .lsb files are named something like what I have above (Unbreakable_Lockpicks and Infinite_Skillbooks). Because both the 4-player mod and my mods attempt to change the same items, the file that is last alphabetically will be the one that takes effect in-game (supposedly).

Last edited by Rhidian; 21/07/14 04:07 AM.
F
journeyman
journeyman
F
To prevent Mayor clashing between your published mod and Editor mod files make sure to remove/re-locate your (mod).pak file. Also if you are the creator of a Mod like the Arena Mod, you don't need a .pak your game will use the editors version to play it. Not doing this will make your Mod unplayable. You can find your .pak files in C:\Users\Username\Documents\Larian Studios\Divinity Original Sin\Mods

B
Brinley Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
B
Everything worked perfect first try, Rhidian. You're great!

Now I just hope anyone else who would run into this same issue, finds this thread.

W
stranger
stranger
W
I feel my questions is weird for you, but where can I get the .lsb files? All I get are those .pak files. I have not much clue, but I want to get multiple mods running.

X
stranger
stranger
X
Sorry for the necro, but I was wondering if I could also get some help with regards to merging multiple mods.

I'm actually subscribed to one of your mods in Steam, Rhidian. The enemy respawn mod. Mostly because the game registers that as an updated version over the one you have posted here (workshop file is 1.0.1 forum version is 1.0.0).

That one's a PAK though. And I've been hoping to merge it with another mod, ARTI - Always Regenerate Inventory.
http://www.larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=538189

Any way for me to do this? Thanks

Edit:
Does this have anything to do with unpacking the .pak file for enemy respawn? I've tried LSTools and hit a snag because of the 64-bit DLL for windows issue, which was posted in that thread. I still don't know how I'm going to merge them though, so some help would be awesome. Thanks

Last edited by xerberus333; 17/02/15 01:07 PM.
C
stranger
stranger
C
Originally Posted by xerberus333
Sorry for the necro, but I was wondering if I could also get some help with regards to merging multiple mods.

I'm actually subscribed to one of your mods in Steam, Rhidian. The enemy respawn mod. Mostly because the game registers that as an updated version over the one you have posted here (workshop file is 1.0.1 forum version is 1.0.0).

That one's a PAK though. And I've been hoping to merge it with another mod, ARTI - Always Regenerate Inventory.
http://www.larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=538189

Any way for me to do this? Thanks

Edit:
Does this have anything to do with unpacking the .pak file for enemy respawn? I've tried LSTools and hit a snag because of the 64-bit DLL for windows issue, which was posted in that thread. I still don't know how I'm going to merge them though, so some help would be awesome. Thanks

Can't comment on the particular mods you are merging but I have had success merging .pak mods using MooseEdit. It's on the sticky at the top of this forum.

Last edited by Caed; 20/02/15 03:22 AM.

Link Copied to Clipboard