Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
M
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
M
I've been putting a couple hours into the forums lately trying to dig up as much info as I can in preparation for tooling around with the editor/data to make some customizations to my gameplay.

I'm having very little luck finding any info detailing what means what in the Stats folder. For example:

1) What is the difference between an .xlsm and a .txt file in that folder (and subfolders)?

2) Why are some of the .xlsm files in the Stats folder and their corresponding .txt files in a subfolder (as opposed to say, ItemCombos.txt which is in the SAME folder as the .xlsm)?

3) Which file do we make changes to to affect the game?

4) Which files need to be included in a .pak for them to work in a mod? (.xlsm, .txt, or both?)

5) What are the meanings of the specific things in each .xlsm/.txt file and how do they relate to affecting gameplay?

If I have somehow super missed where all of the above is related to us, the modding community, please forgive my ignorance. I would really appreciate being pointed in the right directcion.

If that info is NOT out there...I wonder why not? It's been what, almost 7 months since release and this is very simple stuff compared to the other documentation that they have already released and have available on their website. IMHO of course! laugh

I've been playing games for a long time, early 80s at least on Apple IIs and then the PC shortly thereafter. This is hands down one of the best times I've had playing an RPG in a LONG time and I want to publicly thank Larian profusely. Both for their wonderful game and the opportunity to actually customize it!

Thanks in advance for any help anybody can give me!

Take care.

R
addict
addict
R
For questions 1-4:
The Text (.txt) files are the ones that truly matter and must be present, as they are the only thing between the two that get loaded into the game.

The Excel files can be used to generate the .txt files via a macro, and organize the data into a format more easily viewable by the modder. That being said, they have 0 direct impact upon the game. The .txt files can be created directly if you use the correct formatting.

For question 5, I would like to refer you to my Main Campaign Modding thread stickied at the top of this forum. In there I have a few examples of Stats entries and what each line means.

Z
apprentice
apprentice
Z
I would recommend using the .xlsm files and using the All.xlsm to generate the .txt files needed. With this approach you won't have to worry about formatting and it's much easier to find and modify the things you need, especially if you are doing a lot of stat modifications.

Some people complain that the generation is slow, but its much quicker if you delete all the data originally in the file. They will still be in the game because they are in the main mod which is always a dependency. If you want to only re-generate one file you can also just run the generate() macro directly from that page.

Item combos is actually generated separately form All the others so it for some reason stores it in the same file rather then the generated file.

Link Copied to Clipboard