Print Thread
#565603 20/04/15 11:52 AM
I
iAtoria Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
I
I would like to combine two mods that I have found "enhance" my playing experience.

4 Player Mod
http://www.nexusmods.com/divinityoriginalsin/mods/21/?

Respawning Mod (unpacked version in the comments)
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=309918922

If anyone could be of help, or if anyone has a workaround, it would be greatly appreciated!

Support
Support

A hex edit can also enable 4 player co-op in the main game, but that wouldn't have the extra character creation (the 3rd and 4th players would need to control companions / henchmen).
Open the '..\Divinity - Original Sin\Data\Main.pak' file in a hex editor, search for the term "NumPlayers" (with the quotes), and change the 2 to a 4. The ASCII side of the hex editor will show the following:

<attribute id="NumPlayers" value="2" type="1" />

If you (or the hex editor) make a backup of the original file, move it to another folder; having extra/backup pak files, even renamed with a different extension, in that folder can cause the game to crash on startup.

You may be able to use the 4 player mod to start the game, and then save and switch the meta.lsb file in the save to enable the other mod (using the hex edit to continue 4 player co-op). See here for details on that procedure (though a slightly different situation).

I
iAtoria Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
I
Raze thank you for the reply! A couple of questions though:

By editing the hex value, will it allow me to create 4 players from the start and fully control them throughout the game?

If so, then technically I just edit the hex and use respawning mod, correct?

Support
Support

If you just use the hex edit you would not be able to create 4 characters. All that will do is allow a 3rd and 4th player to join and control companions or henchmen.

You would need to first use the 4 player mod to get the 4 custom characters, then switch mods, using the hex edit if you wanted to be able to continue with 4 player co-op.

Link Copied to Clipboard