Larian Studios is looking for a game designer.
We are an award-winning game developer looking to hire a game designer to join our team in Gent, Belgium.
The ideal applicant for this job will:
- Share our vision of what makes a good RPG
- Have a demonstrable ability to engineer fun RPG systems, ranging from quest mechanics to combat systems
- Have an intuitive grasp for what works and doesn’t work, based on extensive experience with previous RPGs
- Communicate and write fluently in English
- Have experience designing commercially released RPGs
- Be able to define requirements for other disciplines such as programmers or artists, based on an understanding what these disciplines need in term of information
- Have a good sense of timing and pacing
- Have a demonstrable ability to both layout and implement a level in a level design tool
- Have a demonstrable ability to program in at least one programming language
- Have a passion for fantasy and/or science-fiction books, movies and games, with the ability to isolate the good from the bad
- Have narrative/writing experience
- Have the ability to adapt his/her ideas to specific guidelines
- Have played the previous Divinity games
- Have a personality that fits in our team
How to apply
If you think that candidate is you, please send us your CV together with a motivation letter,
salary history and samples of past writing and design work. Please be prepared for multiple
interview rounds and performing a variety of design tests to prove to us that you fit the profile.
To apply, please contact email@example.com.
No follow-up calls or e-mails please.
Recruitment agencies need not reply.