Important notice for people stuck in the Battlefields
Important notice for people who installed patch 1.4
Important notice for people who installed patch 1.41
IMPORTANT NOTICE FOR PEOPLE WHO INSTALLED PATCH 1.40
Savegames made with version 1.40 are incompatible with the game.
If you have never installed version 1.40, do not worry: all other savegames are compatible!
NEW INVENTORY SYSTEM as of Version 1.40
As of version 1.40, the inventory interface has changed. The buttons on the left
side of the inventory no longer act as filtering buttons you can switch on and
off. The buttons will now act as tabs. By clicking one of the tabs, the inventory
field will only show one particular type of items.
- By clicking the first tab, you will only see your armour.
- Clicking the second tab will only show weapons.
- The third tab contains your magical items (e.g. summoning dolls, charms,crystals...).
- The fourth tab is where you can find your potions.
- The fifth tab will only contain your book collection.
- The last tab uncovers miscellaneous items (e.g. gold, food, drink, quest items...).
- When fighting bare-handed, character does crushing damage based on strength.
- The skills "Trap detection" and "Disarm" do not work on chests or doors.
- Most summoning dolls cannot use armed weaponry. There is one exception: the skeleton can use a crossbow.
- Summoning doll skills cannot be reassigned.
- Be careful when "clicking" your way through the game. This increases the chance of attacking a friendly creature by accident.
- The "Give to" command results in the receiver immediately equipping the item if possible.
Bugfixes in v1.45 to 1.47
- Locked Chests now have a lockpicking level
- Fixed missing BF key in Act 3
- Fixed Skill points cheat (unlearn -save/load)
- Fixed Pickpocket cheat (ctrl-click stack)
- Fixed Vitality and Magic calculations when restarting the game
- Fixed possible loss of skill points when canceling in skill window
- Fixed quest bug in Act4 when Tax didn't want to give key anymore
- Fixed chests in Act4 that couldn't be opened
- Fixed disappearing BF traders in Act5
- Fixed NPC's hopping out of playfield as a result of pressing ALT-TAB
- Fixed some quest entries and XP in Act3
- Earthquake spell stops when being teleported
- Fixed "Too Heavy" Message Flood
- Requirements of items in Trade window now display properly
- Fixed an issue with Identify skill
- Fixed a crash related to unlearning a skill and switching characters
- Fixed the large stamina potions
- When buying a lower skill level than already in skill list, highest level will remain
- Changed penalty of overweight: When overweight, the player can't move any longer, but is able to rearrange his inventory.
Bugfixes in v1.44 to 1.45
- Fixes the Windows98 Act Switching bug
- Fixed problem where menu music keeps playing
- Removed arrows from magic list
- Fixed sharpen agility requirement
- Fixed scary explosion description
- Fixed duration of body magic offensive spells
- Fixed wind of furies duration
- Fixed Summoning Doll Inventory Bug
- Fixed Savegame order
- Removed extra damage on bows taken from melee skills
- Fixed problem where teleport trap would teleport enemies out of the map
- Fixed a bug where new items would suddenly start to lose their properties
- Fixed after game crash with learning and boosting skills
- Fixed Double Crystals bug
- Lowered arrow prices
Bugfixes in v1.43 to 1.44
- Fixed Sharpen Skill
- Fixed Empty Crystal Bag
- Holy Water isn't available for pickpocketing anymore
- Added Difficulty option in options menu (You might want to change your difficulty again when loading an older savegame)
Bugfixes in v1.42 to 1.43
- Fixed Summoning dolls crash
- Fixed crash when mousovering chests
- Fixed crash with corrupt items
- Switched partymember portraits (hero always on the right)
- Fixed weight for some magical items
- Fixed the problem that caused the "Exit Battlefield" problem
- Fixed the charms distribution
- Fixed a bug that allowed an invisible monster to attack you
- Fixed unlimited sleep
- Fixed radius of summoning dolls
- Fixed items disappearing when using give-to command when encumbered
- Fixed enemies that were not attacking
- Fixed piercing skill for bows and crossbows
- Fixed summoning dolls skillpoints bug
- Identify skill now works if summoning doll learns it
- Balanced sharpen weapon skill
- Balanced splitting arrows
- Balanced blocking skill
- Changed boost of self-made permanent potions
- Added a (small) probability that BF Trader has holy water...