Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
A
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
A
With Larian returning from vacation in a few days, a known issues thread might come in hand. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I haven't seen a compiled one thus far.

What bug-like issues have you found? I'll add them to this 1st post when I'm not slaying something.

Campaign Ending Bugs

*Freezes and crashes at saving

(Mostly) Bugged Mechanics effecting gameplay
*Cloak and Dagger does not create a smokescreen
*Opportunity attacks against sneaking (not invisible) PCs
*Traps, etc can be seen (by the player, not the PC) when scrolling away from party
*Big Chicken Foot + Stardust crafts into Magic Chicken Foot
*Sharp Magic Claw + Stardust crafts into Magic Claw
*Joshua's Spice crafting not working (confirm?)
*AP "toolbar" sometimes often times displays incorrect AP usage
*Dyes sometimes do not work (are these particular dyes?)
*Unable to upgrade Stealth, Pickpocketing, and Lockpicking on second character
*Henchmen going bald and faces changing after quickload
*Quicksaving or loading eventually makes inventoried (ooze) barrels disappear, but maintains their encumbrance
*Lighthouse ghoul teleports out of combat (eg to the harbor) to attack party members

Minor Bugs not effecting gameplay
*Same item types not stacking, but remain functional
*Dragging a weapon onto a whetstone seems to override blacksmithing requirements
*Lightning Strike occasionally causes Knockdown
*Camera tracks movement of invisible enemy units
*Combining a campfire and cooking pot outside a character's inventory results in a mobile kitchen inside a character's inventory, but then it cannot be placed on the ground
*Free repair costs in merchant trade screen for characters that did not initiate the conversation
*Summoning a second pet while the first is charmed does not remove first pet. When charm breaks you now have two pets (intended?)
*Purchased henchman level up requires dismissal and rejoining
*Tools (repair hammer, etc) do not remain on hotbar after loading a game

Last edited by Armakoir; 05/08/14 02:42 PM.
D
stranger
stranger
D
Originally Posted by Armakoir

*AP "toolbar" sometimes displays incorrect AP usage

I can definitely confirm this issue. It happens to me at random times, especially when I've already cast a spell.

I think the last it happened to showed that lightning bolt spell as 4 AP, but it actually spent 6 AP.

journeyman
journeyman
I think this thread must be fixed, since there is A LOT of errors/bugs/missing recipes. I am still noob (bought the game 4 days ago) but there is some minor bug that I found at my first play:

Herrings meant to be the same items with the same properties, but this one is different:

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/571148037186159070/5A92057124EBB761B7A1C3886BE4BFEC6E5D3696/

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/571148037186155572/5FF4FB51C4ADC1A3FCDCEB64587E3798DF74CE52/

Got the different one stealing from the Fish Vendor's stall at the market.

A "Folded Shirts" not identified:

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/571148037186151664/DB828B703199161903258516651F4BE5AAD57619/

Got it inside Evelyn's room, inside Thelyron's House of Healing.

My backpack just turned into this:

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/571148037190614665/4C63E4A8A40A597E2399A7F52AB1A1E0F7325A1D/

Some tools like Identifying Glass, Repair Hammer, Hand Axe and Knife when alocated in a certain hotkey and you load the game, they aren't there anymore. This is very annoying!

Sometimes Dyes doesn't work, or it does change only a part of the desired item.

Cloak and Dagger ability is not leaving a smokescreen behind.

When you hire a henchman at Hall of Heroes they are not leveling up, you need to dismiss them and ask to join the party again!

Last edited by Trainspottingg; 03/08/14 06:05 AM.
journeyman
journeyman
Added more bugs. Encourage your friends to report stuff here, it'll be very helpful for our comunity!!

A
stranger
stranger
A
Well, i don't know if it's a bug but i can't upgrade my lock picking skill.

I'm lvl 7 now and never could add any points to it. Even with five points available.

Neither for stealth nor pickpocket.

This happens on my second character, not to my main.

Last edited by Aldebarande; 04/08/14 10:02 AM.
P
Pim Offline
stranger
stranger
P
My bugs are:
henchmen turning bald and get another face model after a quickload and stay like that.
The second which in my opinion is more annoying is that after hiring 2 henchmen, the other ones after that have gimped stats.

J
stranger
stranger
J
the major bug is that game freezes or crashes at saving, there are many issues in threads. not fixed.

journeyman
journeyman
About load/saving problems, I think that downloading and installing the game again will fix it, at least it did to my friend when we were playing co-op!

Found a very old thread that is still being used on Steam that focus on bugs report, it seems awesome to me:

http://steamcommunity.com/app/230230/discussions/0/630802979224170785/#p121

Things are worse than most of us could imagine frown

Last edited by Trainspottingg; 04/08/14 07:35 PM.
T
apprentice
apprentice
T
*Combining a campfire and cooking pot outside a character's inventory results in a mobile kitchen inside a character's inventory, but then it cannot be placed on the ground

You cannot drag and drop them, but you can use the "drop item" in the menu to place them on the ground. After that it can't be picked up again which possibly defeats the purpose of a "mobile" kitchen? Or possibly it should never go to your inventory to begin with? Something's not working as intended there.

(BTW I'm also compiling a list of bugs and will add them when I'm done with this run)

Last edited by Tsort; 06/08/14 02:41 PM.
J
stranger
stranger
J
I only registered in order to share, apparently for the first time, the concerns that are available in many other forums about the game. I am talking about the crazy treasure tables and container mechanics that return absurd low-level items (and sometimes not even that!), and are overabundant in common equipment. It seems to be a broken feature of the game since the latest patch that got us to version 1.0.81. Even worse, adding levels to Lucky Charm seems to have an adverse effect on lucky find occurrences, and drastically reduces the quality and quantity of items found.

I would ask Larian to open a proper line of communication with their players, because finding specifics about the game is a web treasure hunt leading to the farthest of reaches. One would expect to find a bug-report section at the very top of a Google Search. The amount of frustration this single development has caused is leading gamers away from D:OS. Think about it. You play for hours until you realize you've completely wasted your time and efforts by not being able to get anything remotely decent despite carefully developing a strategy and characters.

M
stranger
stranger
M
I end the game some days ago and i must to say that i won't replay it in at least 6-8 months, waiting for a more definitive version of the game than this nearly beta version. Certainly i found some bugs related with the shadows casted by the barbarians in Hunter's Edge, curiously only the axes of Richard and Jharl projet shadow on the floor, the rest of the mountain warriors and the bodies of richard and Jharl have no shadow, so when the fight against the orcs starts you can see the shadow of their weapons dancing on the flor in a very weird shape. And yes, the loot in the chest of the end of the game are like a bad joke (With level 22 i found a non magic level 5 club in the source temple!!!!)

journeyman
journeyman
New bug found, the last conversation at "Kitty Love" sidequest, whatever speech you choose, you'll receive 2 traits with 1 of your heroes!

Edited: The fight with Dietmar, if u save during the fight, when u load it almost all of them will be invisible _._

Last edited by Trainspottingg; 09/08/14 01:59 AM.
veteran
veteran
That does sound like a major bug Misermelo, worthy of not playing the game 6 months for so they might fix that!

[/sarcasm mode off]
The amount of frustration this single development has caused is leading gamers away from D:OS. Think about it. You play for hours until you realize you've completely wasted your time and efforts by not being able to get anything remotely decent despite carefully developing a strategy and characters.

Exaggerating much?
Bethesda games are way worse than this (all of them) even after the final patch, and apparently they do just *fine*... as apparently does D:OS. Since it's really not that bad as people want to make out...

Lastly;
Campfire + Cooking pot is supposed to place the Mobile Kitchen on that spot (it's not supposed to be carried around). Although it does seem there are quite a few broken campfires around who do not properly spawn the mobile kitchen and dump it in your inventory instead.

N
stranger
stranger
N
After a resurrection, one of my characters no longer has a body. We only see an empty sarong moving around.

Amusing and annoying at the same time.

Support
Support

Did you try teleporting to the End of Time, or something? How about casting Rain (or a healing / shield spell) or walking near fire? Removing and re-equipping the sarong?

apprentice
apprentice
* Hunter's Edge
when trying to sneak/invis into cellar prison
they still see you, and game will freeze.
tried this a few times, always breaks game engine.
(only crash in 100hrs... kudos to Larian)

* Phantom Forest
fight with ghostly poachers
upon completion a chest appears.
if you save before opening chest,
(i save after every tough battle)
loading that save chest will be gone.
on my save image can see the chest,
but chest does not load.
- epic long battle so quite annoying to lose the loot.

"be honest... both with others and yourself"
N
stranger
stranger
N
I don't know what "fixed" it. I saved the game at that point, and resumed a previous game. When I just now when back to that saved game the character that was previously missing a body was not corrected.

V
apprentice
apprentice
V
Character models disappear occasionally. We can't see them on screen, but mousing over them highlights their location and they can be targeted. Zooming in & out sometimes makes them visible, so it might be a camera issue.

It happens pretty often if we teleport the characters.

Armakoir #545453 18/08/14 04:18 PM
N
stranger
stranger
N
Jahan died in combat. When I try to resurrect him, I use the resurrection spell, but the message that is displayed says "choose teleport target"... say what?!? And I can't resurrect him. I tried saving, and exiting the game with no success. After the load, I still can't select a resurrection target.

M
stranger
stranger
M
I can't combine small iron bars to make a large iron bar. And small potions won't combine to make a larger one.
I can no longer grind skulls to make bone dust.
In each case, items just swap positions instead of combining.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  gbnf, Issh, Kurnster, Larian_QA, LarSeb, Monodon, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard