With multiple awards to our name, Larian Studios has proven that we’re dedicated to delivering high-quality role-playing games. We’re now looking for a Technical Designer who can support and enable our design teams create amazing RPGs.
- Study a powerful code gameplay system and apply your insights to extend and improve existing feature designs
- Consult content designers on the capabilities of the system
- Write code feature requests for the gameplay programming team based on existing design documents.
- Implement new gameplay systems and content using script and a data-driven stats system
- Extend their capabilities in C++ when necessary
- Maintain existing features and improve them with polishing touches
- Work with audiovisual departments to add flavour to existing mechanics
- Improve UI feedback for gameplay features - tooltips, combat log, notifications, in-world indicators
- Support and improve existing economy balancing tools
- C++ skills a must
- Minimum 1 year of experience as a technical designer, gameplay programmer, systems designer, combat designer or content designer
- Or alternatively: personal projects that demonstrate awareness of game design fundamentals
Nice to Haves
- Familiarity with RPG systems of popular tabletop and computer RPGs
- Knowledge of basic calculus, combinatorics, statistics
- Experience with vfx, sfx, animation or UI
- Experience with modding the Divinity Engine
We are looking for highly motivated individuals with ever-evolving skillsets and passion for player experience. If you want to contribute to making amazing RPG experiences, we would love to hear from you.
Apply for this job