With multiple awards to our name, Larian Studios has proven that we’re dedicated to delivering high-quality role-playing games. We engage our players on every level with combat, exploration, puzzles, and dialogue. To take our player engagement to new and greater heights, we need your help.
Gameplay Programmer (C++)
- Work on all aspects of gameplay systems of the RPG: designing, developing and support.
- Work closely together with the other departments to implement the needed game components.
- Work together with the UI designers on the in-game UIs.
- Write robust and maintainable code.
- Be an active participant in the design and production of the game; the technical side of the creative team!
- 3+ years Game Development experience.
- Expert in C++.
- Excellent feel for RPG systems and gameplay in general.
- Open minded, willing to experiment and iterate over a specific feature.
- Concepts as state machines, pathfinding, AI routines should be second nature.
- Ability to think like a designer to create compelling and fun game play.
- Good communication skills in English.
- You are a team player and willing to take responsibility.
- Passion for making and playing great games.
- Excellent software design and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent software debugging skills.
Nice to have
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or software engineering.
- Experience with gameplay scripting.
- Experience in WPF, UI programming
- Strong background in RPGs.
- Shipped game/console titles
We are looking for highly motivated individuals with ever-evolving skillsets and passion for player experience. If you want to contribute to making amazing RPG experiences, we would love to hear from you.
Apply for this job