Next Thread
Print Thread
Z
Zaz Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Z
I have the STEAM version of Divinity 2: The Dragon Knight Saga. I'll briefly explain the 2 issues I'm encountering which basically prohibit me from playing on this particular PC:

The boot-up of the game itself loads up, I can get to the main menu. However, there are times when I can't even click on an option from the MAIN MENU: i.e. to start a new game or say even options or to exit the game.

If I'm able to start a new game, it loads up to the character creation portion of the game. At this point, if I can even get this far (lol), I can't change the gender of the character or any other features. I can change the name! wink But, I can't even click ACCEPT to launch my character into the world of Divinity II. It just doesn't recognize the click of the mouse button for whatever reason.

This is PC #1 out of 2 PC's I have. It plays just fine on the other PC, just not this one.

Thanks for the help if anyone has any thoughts of what I can try. I've updated my video driver for the 9800 GT installed.

Z

Support
Support

Someone else mentioned fixing this problem (Can't click anything in game), but didn't say how. It was reported in another couple topics, as well, but I don't recall any solutions.

[PC] Support FAQ - The Dragon Knight Saga

Try emailing support@larian.com, with a description of the problem and maybe a link to this topic (DKS support page).

For the character creation problem, as a temporary workaround you can create a new character on the system that is working properly, and then save and transfer the file to the other computer.

Did you go through the options (if you can get into them)? Try a different resolution, change the option to use the desktop resolution for the UI, etc.

Try starting the game in windowed mode. That may change how the UI is handled.
In Windows Explorer, browse to the file below and open it in Wordpad (or other text editor), look for the line Fullscreen="1" and change the '1' to a '0'.

XP
C:\Documents and Settings\ %username% \Local Settings\Application Data\Divinity 2\Profile\graphicoptions.xml

Vista/7
C:\Users\ %username% \AppData\Local\Divinity 2\Profile\graphicoptions.xml

The save game files are in a similar location as above, but in the '..\Divinity 2\Savegames' folder.

You may need to set Windows Explorer to show hidden files and folders (XP, Vista, Win 7).

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard