Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
D
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
D
I have the PC/Steam version of Divinity II: The Dragan Knight Saga that contains both Ego Draconis and Flames of Vengeance. I just completed Ego Draconis and following the ending video it automatically attempted to transition into Flames of Vengeance. The cutscene of the ghostly figure flying through the dream world and arriving where you are held prisoner worked fine, but then it switches to a loading screen and immediately crashes to desktop. I watched some videos online and it seems that it supposed to be the beginning of an interactive dialogue sequence.

I haven't tried starting a new game without transitioning from Ego Draconis, as I really want to keep my character.

I'm running Windows 7 Professional, 64-bit, on an nVidia 460 GTX with the latest official nVidia drivers. I had no problems with Ego Draconis, and I've tried reading through the FAQ and following crash-based suggestions there (I installed the AC3Filter Codec) and nothing seems to help.

Any suggestions?

veteran
veteran
Well, first thing first - try to validate your game cache.

Support
Support

You can try starting a new character at the beginning of FoV without causing a conflict with your existing character (as long as you are not just relying on the auto-save, which could get over-written), and you can back up your saves first if you wish. Trying a new character might help narrow down what the problem is.

Did you email support@larian.com, with a description of the problem and maybe a link to this topic? See the DKS support page.

In Vista / Win 7 the saves are in the folder below. You may need to set Windows Explorer to show hidden files and folders (see here).

C:\Users\ %username% \AppData\Local\Divinity 2\Savegames

enthusiast
enthusiast
Try setting your ingame resolution and desktop resolution to the same setting if that is not the case

if that doesn't work, try setting both (desktop and ingame) to something like 1024x768 and then doing the transition from ED to fov. Once in fov, you can reset the resolutions to what they were.

If that doesn't fix it, please send us your savegame as Raze suggested.

Welcome back Raze btw!

D
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
D
I tried verifying my local game cache already, it caused Divinity 2 to try and revoke my registration for the game. I canceled that and Steam went on to do its thing and said there were no messed up files.

I tried starting a brand new Flames of Vengeance game and that worked fine, so there seems to be a problem with carrying my save game over from Ego Draconis.

I set my desktop resolution down from my monitor's native resolution of 2560x1600 to 1920x1200 (which is what I run the game at) and that seems to have fixed it. I hope I don't have to do that every time I play. I saved after I got done talking to Augustus, so hopefully I can continue there normally now.

Thanks for the help!

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard